Hacking I think i screwd up my 3ds?

Mudkiepz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I don't really know how to start this.
I think i screw up my 3ds.

basically i copied the files on my pc, removed them from the sd and later on put it back again.
here is the full story:
I was trying to install an animal crossing new leaf CIA using the FBI on my 3ds, but everytime i would have the same error
( " Level : Permanent (27)
Summary : Invalid argument (7)
Module : AM (32)
Desc : Cert signature or hash check failed (106)" )
and every single post i read about it told me that it was either the CIA file or something on the sd.
So i tried to download the CIA file from different sources, but none would work.
the same happened when I tried to install a Majora's Mask CIA.
Then i thought it would be something with the SD.
so i copied everything from the SD and put it on my computer, then reformated it and run a scan with h2testw.
the test gave me an error, but i thought i would be able to install it if i deleted other cias i had inside originally.
then i pasted everything back inside the SD, deleted the other CIAS and left only the animal crossing one inside.
but then when i tried to start the FBI on my 3ds the only thing i would get is a screen saying "nintendo 3ds" and that's it.
i can't even open the games i already had on my 3ds.

Can someone help me with advice on what to do?
do i need to get a new SD card and start everything from the beginning?
Also my 3ds is on the ver 11.10.0-43U

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If h2testw gave you an error, then the SD card is fake and potentially all of your data is corrupted.

You will need a new SD card. Make sure to run h2testw as soon as you get it this time.

Your old data may be permanently damaged, but it sounds as if you made a copy before messing with things too much, so some may be safe. It's almost impossible to know for sure, though.

Mudkiepz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If h2testw gave you an error, then the SD card is fake and potentially all of your data is corrupted.

You will need a new SD card. Make sure to run h2testw as soon as you get it this time.

Your old data may be permanently damaged, but it sounds as if you made a copy before messing with things too much, so some may be safe. It's almost impossible to know for sure, though.

I'm already planning getting a new SD tomorrow.
Btw I wanted to make clear that i was using alh9, should i change it to b9?
Also what should I do if my backup don't work? Should i just do everything again from the start, even tho i'm using a custom firmware?

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw I wanted to make clear that i was using alh9, should i change it to b9?

You should indeed take this opportunity to switch from A9LH to boot9strap. Here is a guide: https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html

Also what should I do if my backup don't work? Should i just do everything again from the start, even tho i'm using a custom firmware?

If I were you, I would just start over from scratch. There is know way to tell what files are corrupted and which aren't.

Reactions: Mudkiepz

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!
But what about my cfw? What should I do about it?
Well, if you use Luma3DS, just download the latest version, then but the boot.firm on the root of your new SD card. You can also use ether GodMode9 or the Luma3DS Updater to setup luma 3DS on sysnand, so you won't need the SD Card to boot the 3DS.

Reactions: Mudkiepz

Mudkiepz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, if you use Luma3DS, just download the latest version, then but the boot.firm on the root of your new SD card. You can also use ether GodMode9 or the Luma3DS Updater to setup luma 3DS on sysnand, so you won't need the SD Card to boot the 3DS.

I didn't quite understand, so I should just redo the whole thing or put the new required files in the new SD card and that's it?
which tutorial should I follow? I looked up one, but I can't link it here since i'm a new user

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't quite understand, so I should just redo the whole thing or put the new required files in the new SD card and that's it?
which tutorial should I follow? I looked up one, but I can't link it here since i'm a new user
Because your SD card failed hardware inspection in H2testw, you have to get a replacement card.

If your error looked like example report where there were lots of GByte DATA LOST, that means your fake card corrupted all your installed titles, saves, and extdata.

Starting over.

1. Get a replacement SD card. Avoid eBay.
  2. Reformat the new card in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with Windows File Explorer or guiformat.
  3. For your protection, full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw. Do not skip this step.
  4. :!: If the replacement card has reported errors, return it for a refund. Go back to step 1.
  5. For a successfully tested card, delete the *.h2w test files.
  6. If it helps to rebuild, use this CFW starter kit.
  7. Atualizando B9S (Updating B9S)
  8. Finalizando a instalação (Finalizing Setup)
  9. Reinstall games, DLCs, and updates with FBI.
  10. For safekeeping on computer or external drive, make frequent enough backups of saves + extdata with Checkpoint or JKSM.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Follow the A9LH to B9S guide and it will get your CFW up to date. Just putting the new files on isn't enough.

Mudkiepz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Because your SD card failed hardware inspection in H2testw, you have to get a replacement card.

If your error looked like example report where there were lots of GByte DATA LOST, that means your fake card corrupted all your installed titles, saves, and extdata.

Starting over.

1. Get a replacement SD card. Avoid eBay.
  2. Reformat the new card in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with Windows File Explorer or guiformat.
  3. For your protection, full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw. Do not skip this step.
  4. :!: If the replacement card has reported errors, return it for a refund. Go back to step 1.
  5. For a successfully tested card, delete the *.h2w test files.
  6. If it helps to rebuild, use this CFW starter kit.
  7. Atualizando B9S (Updating B9S)
  8. ]Finalizando a instalação (Finalizing Setup)
  9. Reinstall games, DLCs, and updates with FBI.
  10. For safekeeping on computer or external drive, make frequent enough backups of saves + extdata with Checkpoint or JKSM.

I followed this guide, well, until step 6. But when I try to start my 3ds it won't turn it on, only if i use the old SD. Is it because my old CFW was made using A9LH?

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this guide, well, until step 6. But when I try to start my 3ds it won't turn it on, only if i use the old SD. Is it because my old CFW was made using A9LH?
It is because the new SD card is fake, and cannot hold data without corrupting it

Fake cards may work a couple times, but they corrupt easily - this may be why it worked for a little bit

The old card works because it is not corrupted

Mudkiepz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It is because the new SD card is fake, and cannot hold data without corrupting it

Fake cards may work a couple times, but they corrupt easily - this may be why it worked for a little bit

The old card works because it is not corrupted

I'm pretty sure the New SD isn't fake, since i verified it with h2testw and it said it was alright.
While with the old SD it gave me a error report

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh dear. Sorry for that. The CFW starter kit was packaged towards boot9strap users.

You'll need to follow PityOnU and The Real Jdbye advice about (Atualizando para o B9S) A9LH to B9S.

Reactions: RedHedgehog

Mudkiepz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tysm! But just to be sure, I can follow the guide without copying the old files into the new SD, right?
You don't use anything that came from the bad SD card. It would be like gambling your stomach drinking questionably spoiled milk.

If there are several games that are really important to you, you can try to recover their saves by swapping back their 00000001.sav files after installing fresh CIAs.
(Keep in mind this will only work for saves that weren't corrupted.)

For help in sorting or extracting just those SAV files, use the CTRTransfer (Type D9) - Rebuild 3DS Database, Option (C) Manual.
This script feature has the ability to pull saves while keeping intact the directory structure.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Mudkiepz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You don't use anything that came from the bad SD card. It would be like gambling your stomach drinking questionably spoiled milk.

If there are several games that are really important to you, you can try to recover their saves by swapping back their 00000001.sav files after installing fresh CIAs.
(Keep in mind this will only work for saves that weren't corrupted.)

For help in sorting or extracting just those SAV files, use the CTRTransfer (Type D9) - Rebuild 3DS Database, Option (C) Manual.
This script feature has the ability to pull saves while keeping intact the directory structure.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
I followed the guide and everything is alright now. And I can finally play some Animal Crossing again :')

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"