• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 1,923
  • Replies 20
  • Likes 1
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Hi, as I've been playing Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water (my first time playing a PZ game) its story focuses on death, suicide and postmortem photos all of which have made me quite uncomfortable (while interesting) but being the curious cat that I am I decided to check out said photos on YouTube. Safe to say I won't be checking any of that again because it has messed with my mind and seems to have taken away the positivity I had before all of this. It's just so disgusting and creepy, ugh!

So, what I would like to ask is, what would you suggest me? For starters I'm going to stop playing Project Zero for undetermined time and watch comedy movies as that's the genre I have always liked.

P.S. Everyone dies but that's not what life should be about but the good things about it.

Thank you.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
well, do you have a life? (not in a rude way)
just continue with your life, focus on real stuff instead... watch other things, focus.. think what really matters...
and more important, give it time.. after some weeks you should stop thinking about it.. if you really can't get over it... do you have friends who can listen you? who can support and give a damn? (the friends i have are not the people to talk about serious problems, they have their own lives and just care about themselves)

either way, good luck with finding a psychiatry or physiologic help on your fucking stupid country that is portugal (don't censor my honesty >:C mental help is a joke there... )

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
well, do you have a life? (not in a rude way)
just continue with your life, focus on real stuff instead... watch other things, focus.. think what really matters...
and more important, give it time.. after some weeks you should stop thinking about it.. if you really can't get over it... do you have friends who can listen you? who can support and give a damn? (the friends i have are not the people to talk about serious problems, they have their own lives and just care about themselves)

either way, good luck with finding a psychiatry or physiologic help on your fucking stupid country that is portugal (don't censor my honesty >:C mental help is a joke there... )
Yeah, I do but having these thoughts when I close my eyes is just so disturbing to say the least. Honestly, out of a Nintendo game I never expected anything so dark such as that.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yeah, I do but having these thoughts when I close my eyes is just so disturbing to say the least. Honestly, out of a Nintendo game I never expected anything so dark such as that.
if you are over 18 and drink alcohol... it's the most common "medicine", get drunk, go to a party, get some friends togheter...
if you never drinked alcohol, don't do it now... its a terrible idea to start to consume something because you need help.. thats the worse "help" you can get (if you start drinking or doing any drug now, it will be terrible in long term, you will destroy your life...), however, if you already get drunk before and do it ocasionally, go ahead...

i am giving that warning because drinking or consuming anything when you are with problems will give you a terrible habit.. however if you are "mentally ok" and having fun, it will do much less or even no harm...

sometimes when i am in a bad day, while home alone, i just put some music and play air guitar or improvise a 1 person disco club.. it's great to waste some energy
but if you are not a loser like me, go to a real one, remember don't start to consume something now... if you think on doing it, do it while everything is ok on your mind

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sounds like the perfect game for me!

In all honesty, just forget about it.
The world and reality is much much harder then a video game ._.

Edit:
Sounds harsh but...
Get over it.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Give it time, distract yourself, avoid thinking of what is disturbing you. When you think about that, try distracting yourself with something else, but also accept that you'll think about it from time to time. Don't worry, everyone goes through something like this some times in life, it's how we learn to be stronger.

I wouldn't recommend consuming alcohol, drugs or medicine. No need to use those if you're not sick. Now, if you do have a problem go to a professional, but I don't think it's the case. There's sometimes in life that we just suffer some shock. Stay strong and face life as it is, the important thing is that you're okay.

About your negativity, always remember that life has both good and bad, it's up to us to find good in it.
Remember this poem from Fernando Pessoa:

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena
Se a alma não é pequena.
Quem quer passar além do Bojador
Tem que passar além da dor.
Deus ao mar o perigo e o abismo deu,
Mas nele é que espelhou o céu.

Was it worth it? Everything is worth it
If the soul is not small
Those who want to cross beyond Bojador
Must cross beyond pain
God gave danger and abyss to the sea
But on it he mirrored the sky

Last edited by RodrigoDavy,
Reactions: VinsCool

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should check out Kara No Shoujo or Saya no Uta if you think anything you've seen so far is bad, haha. That'll purge PZ riiiight out of your mind.

genocide run in undertale

About as bad (mentally not quality) as Super Mario tbh. Nothing special.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awww bless, by your age I had already dissected my first human body, nothing like having to cut up a brain and squeeze bile out of human organs.
(ex trainee nurse)

Last edited by yusuo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Skill issue.