I think I need help...

Do you spend time on the internets that you planned on being productive?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never realized how addicted to the internet I am. Today I turned on my computer saying to myself that I would do homework. As soon as I opened Firefox, I opened all my new RSS threads, read all these new articles, browsed the forums, and three hours later, I decided to take a break and watch TV for an hour. Hopped back on the computer and talked to friends on AIM, whatever. Over five hours passed since I decided I would start my homework and I've gotten none of it done.

Am I addicted to the internet, have ADD, an attention-span problem, or am I just too lazy to do homework?

How many of you suffer from the interesting-ness called the internet?

Riku Akiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, I don't think you need help. I think you just enjoy the internet, just as we all do, but you should try cutting back.

Riku Akiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup IE will ALWAYS make you tired of the internet
happy.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone has that little voice telling them to go have some fun.
Some just learned to ignore it...

Me? ... I'm still working on that.

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
xcalibur said:
Everyone has that little voice telling them to go have some fun.
Some just learned to ignore it...

Me? ... I'm still working on that.

i tried ignoring it, but then it screamed at me and i didnt stand a chance
dry.gif

benchma®k

Trophies
XP
Country
bottom line is.... theres better things to be doing than homework.

trouble is.... only a select few get by without having been educated.

Make your choice now, get grades or waste time on useless crap.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
You're just distracted more easily because the stuff you need to do is boring. If your homework really excited you, you probably wouldn't be in such a rush to check out your RSS feeds or whatever. It's not an obsession, it's just an unfortunate distraction (because you need to use the internet to do your work). Worst case is that you're just being lazy.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I have the same problem.. I'm currently unemployed and so I have a lot of free time (infinite free time basically
tongue.gif
), so I'm trying to use that time to work on some personal projects and learn a few new things (read some books, learn some new programming languages, etc), and every day when I wake up I say to myself that I'll work on that.. and end up spending most of my day reading stuff on random websites, posting on forums and watching crap on Youtube..
sleep.gif

Since I have to be in front of a computer to do what I need to.. it's even harder
tongue.gif

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I do it all the bloody time. I'm behind in coursework, I missed almost all my deadlines and my reports are dropping. But my teachers still believe in me
laugh.gif

I have these 2 weeks to do all my coursework. I plan to start tomorrow but I bet I won't xD

Last time when I was determined 100% to do work, I neglected my computer and the next thing you know, my foot goes straight through a needle forcing me to stop working and to the hospital for the rest of the day
cry.gif
I think my computer has feelings
dry.gif

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
azotyp said:
I have a solution make homework using internet
biggrin.gif
There are lots of homework assignments that use the internet (though probably not in the way you are implying), the problem is is that nobody wants to do things because others tell them to, so you would probably end up doing something else regardless of the task.

techforumz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I completely understand. Basically, you hate homework because the schools are so super-standardized (you can thank "No-Child-Left-Behind" (which equates to "All-Children-Should-Be-Treated-As-Retarded"), at least subconsciously. I was/am so damn tired of this 'assigned reading'. Basically, get your stuff done, if they want you to work on holidays or sundays, tell them to screw themselves (not really, that will likely get you expelled). If you disagree with it just get it done.

Like everything though: take my advice with a pinch of salt, I'm just as flawed as you are (no offense).

EDIT: Wait is this high-school or college?

Harpuia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As with all things new and exciting, we keep coming back, until they get old and unexciting.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), the internet will never get old and unexciting
cry.gif

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
techforumz said:
I completely understand. Basically, you hate homework because the schools are so super-standardized (you can thank "No-Child-Left-Behind" (which equates to "All-Children-Should-Be-Treated-As-Retarded"), at least subconsciously. I was/am so damn tired of this 'assigned reading'. Basically, get your stuff done, if they want you to work on holidays or sundays, tell them to screw themselves (not really, that will likely get you expelled). If you disagree with it just get it done.

Like everything though: take my advice with a pinch of salt, I'm just as flawed as you are (no offense).

EDIT: Wait is this high-school or college?
Me? High-school. But it also applies to college people. =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night