I think I messed up

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by An00bis, Jul 31, 2009.

Jul 31, 2009

I think I messed up by An00bis at 3:00 AM (928 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. An00bis
    OP

Newcomer An00bis Advanced Member

United States
    [​IMG]

Okay, so I was advised that the "best GBA flash cart out there is the m3 lite!!!!!!!"
    So I went and bought one. Would've been nice if someone had told me you need an m3 ds flash cart to access the slot 2 m3 >_> I just have an r4ds, but, using GBA Exploader, I've gotten roms to work.

However, whenever I load pokemon Fire Red, I get an error at the beginning about the 1M sub-circuit board installation, and when I try to save, I get one about "please exchange the backup memory".

I've looked into this problem a bit. In VBA, you just have to set save type to Flash 128k. But I haven't the faintest idea how to do that with Exploader. I've also seen replies like "you have to patch it". Erm, patch the rom? I would need to have a link to an IPS patch before I can patch it X_X

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    You probably bought the wrong thing. The M3 Perfect (SD or miniSD or Lite) is indeed one of the best GBA flash carts out there. It uses its own memory card, and is entirely standalone. You probably got the M3 Real GBA expansion pack, which does indeed require a slot-1 device to operate.

Try using GBATA to SRAM-patch the rom. I have no clue if this will help or not, but it's worth a shot.

3. An00bis
    OP

United States
    GBATA didn't work T_T I did every combination of every fix included with it, nothing helps..

Do these sites generally allow you to return things? ;_; I still have all the packaging and it just arrived today..

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Depends on the site, really. DealExtreme for instance is usually pretty good about returns, and I'm sure RealHotStuff would do an exchange for the price difference, but I don't really know about any other stores. Check the website and see if you can find a return policy anywhere.

5. An00bis
    OP

United States
  6. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    You should get get the M3 real now and use the pack with the card it was made for.

7. baffle-boy

Member baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    next time get an EZ3in1 once you have copied the game to is NOR it's a standalone cart and it works fine with r4