Hacking I think I messed up , impending ban coming out

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so I did my switch last week which went fine so this week I purchased a license so I could do my sons with the sx pro dongle it all went well except for the fact he grabbed it and started playing arms online before I had a chance to turn off wifi ... so how long before the ban hammer cones down you reckon

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I havent been banned for playing with dev menu, NSP installs, updating said NSP files, and going online with sx os, you'll be fine for a while.

gabe_derp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, as long as your son wasn't playing a backup of ARMS online, I don't think you'll be banned. We don't know what Nintendo looks at yet to deliver bans, but I doubt playing online whilst on a CFW can do you in. However, this is coming from personal experience. Me and my friends have all used online features while booted into a CFW for a while now, and not any of us have gotten banned. I don't think you have a lot to be worried about, but it does never hurt to keep airplane mode on.

vickdu31

Trophies
XP
Country
TX said that the "CFW" code doesnt ovverwrite anything of OFW so its just additional code that runs. I dont even know if nintendo can detect SX OS (let say you just run SX OS and do nothing, just play your original games)

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly, as long as your son wasn't playing a backup of ARMS online, I don't think you'll be banned. We don't know what Nintendo looks at yet to deliver bans, but I doubt playing online whilst on a CFW can do you in. However, this is coming from personal experience. Me and my friends have all used online features while booted into a CFW for a while now, and not any of us have gotten banned. I don't think you have a lot to be worried about, but it does never hurt to keep airplane mode on.
It was a downloaded copy of arms

gabe_derp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a downloaded copy of arms
Oh yeah, you should be fine. As long as that copy of ARMS is legit and bought from the eShop, you shouldn't be on Nintendo's radar. Just be sure not to play backups/pirated games online. That's one of the easiest ways to get banned.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh yeah, you should be fine. As long as that copy of ARMS is legit and bought from the eShop, you shouldn't be on Nintendo's radar. Just be sure not to play backups/pirated games online. That's one of the easiest ways to get banned.
I think that's not the kind of "downloaded copy" he talks about.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Goddamn pirate scum... at least leave your son out of it.

lol jk, I think you still have at least few weeks or even months to go before a new ban wave

mcmrc1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hope you dont get banned :)

Yesterday i saw after 4 downloaded Demos via Firefox Browser, that in the connection History on my Nintendo account only the PC - Firefox was market as connectet.

Maybe its nothing but i think it is better to load games via PC. And on the Switch just connect the wlan and wait for the files...dont open the store on the switch....

Last edited by mcmrc1,

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No you don't understand it was a torrent lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Goddamn pirate scum... at least leave your son out of it.

lol jk, I think you still have at least few weeks or even months to go before a new ban wave
He's to young to know where all his games are coming from lol

mcmrc1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you can also try to disconnect the switch from your N accout... Maybe it will be deletet also in the DB of them....After that boot your switch normal or reset it completely before you are logging in again...
I also recommended to remove your SD card if there are files from a CFW/Games when going online...

And as said after your switch is registered to your account again just use the browser for games demos to download instead of Switch Eshop -> Seams for me that sending via browser to the switch contains less information instead of using directly the switch eshop :) But its just an idea... because my switch was last seen in N account settings on 20.06.2018 but yesterday i downloaded demos via browser

Kukielka

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Your "Son" probably got your account flagged for a ban. If you see a Switch on sale, you might want to get it now before you get a patched unit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dSN52HstbI Lol