Hacking I think I may have discovered a new type of brick

Bateees

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had already installed A9LH on several other 3DS systems and was pretty good at it. About a week ago the website changed from using Hourglass to Godmode which was not a drastic change. When I saw the change yesterday to boot9strap I thought nothing of it believing it would pretty similar to before needing to downgrade to 2.1 not following the 3DS Guide at all. After following the usual steps downgrading to 2.1 and creating a backup NAND I then discovered the 3DS Guide had completely changed using a completely different method to install A9LH. Well I had the genius idea to use the Super Smash Bros cartridge to get change from 2.1 to a higher firmware since none of my cartridges have been used on 11.4. After googling I have found the update to be 9.2.0-17U. The firmware installed successfully(according to the 3DS)but now nothing will open in the main menu. I can't even open the System Settings to check the firmware. When I use the recovery update by holding L R UP and A the update gives an error message about 3/4 the way through. I have tried at least 20 times now to do the recovery. Is it possible to coldboot a 3DS without any CFW using an SD Card or Gateway to restore the NAND? I do own a Gateway card so hopefully I am not stuck with a brick.

Last edited by Bateees,

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
There may be a method in the future to fix your 3DS using a button combination held on startup and a special gamecart.

You can fix your 3DS right now using a hardmod. Look at 3ds.guide for installation instructions...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • fluff663 @ fluff663:
    hello everyone
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [cricket sounds]
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    WII U error 105-4069
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i know this isn't the place but does/did anybody have the same issue as me?
    [louder cricket sounds]
  • SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor:
    What's up bakaz
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Imagine that. Leo is still active on site.
    Sorry, not sorry. But the guy creates his own chaos and I don't believe most everything he has to say about his situations. He has a criminal record and its common for people with those to play the victim to everyone.
    +1
    Constantly on web forums complaining about how wronged they have been, instead of taking action and finding actual solutions. Comfortable chaos.
    +2
    As He himself even stated.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I don't care what you think is "common". I *have* been genuinly wronged.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @AncientBoi I'm going to outright block you now.
    Pffffft sending me a PM stating we're all a bunch a mean azzholes :creep:. Same here DUDE :angry:
    How SAD you are. So SAD you'll stay ☹️
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    butthurt aren't ya? can't stand the truth
    Leo, please seek professional mental health help. its not a knock on you. I suffer from mental illness too. You need some help, man.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    ^ that's some honest internet advise
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    No...I need help to resolve this situation. MOTHERFUCKER
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    putting me into a shrink is not going to help anyone but *THEM*
    Poor Leo. Everyone out to harm you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes see? the fault is within you
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Same here, I struggle too. Its highly suggested to maybe take a break from the site just to calm down.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and ones like yuou
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: and ones like yuou