War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
i just noticed this problem today and it's really annoying...

Whenever I go to google or use the google toolbar to search for something, no matter what I search for, it will come up with the right titles for the sites but the actual sites themselves will be like ad sites and stuff. I know it's hard to understand, so I took some screenshots:

heyheyletsgo.jpg

(Just ignore the fact that I misspelled Firefox...) Do you guys see what I mean? I even tried searching for something really popular that should give me some obvious results:

heyhey2.jpg

Same thing happens! I ran a Ad-Aware full system scan and it didnt find anything... I didn't get any warning from NOD32 either, but I'm doing a NOD32 full system scan right now. Do you guys know what it might be?

I'm using Shiretoko, but this problems also happens when using IE. I tried disabling my add-ons but that didn't make a difference.

Tripp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dack even though I would expect the software you reccomened to take care of his issue. Just in case and no offence intended I'm going to add a second backup suggestion.

Ad-Aware Free Version [url=http://www.lavasoft.com/?langref=DE]http://www.lavasoft.com/?langref=DE[/url]

Make sure to have it update before running scan...

btw Dack how have you been? Long time...

edit it posted twice...

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Guess you missed
QUOTE said:
Same thing happens! I ran a Ad-Aware full system scan and it didnt find anything... I didn't get any warning from NOD32 either, but I'm doing a NOD32 full system scan right now. Do you guys know what it might be?

wink.gif

I've been busy on things and may have some releases soon
wink.gif

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Yeah, Ad-Aware did nothing. I ran Dack's program and it found 8 things... got rid of them all, restarted, and the problem was still there. I downloaded Avast! and scanned it... I did that thing where it scans your computer right when you turn it on and it found the problem, but it froze (wouldnt let me erase/move it). Finally I turned the computer back on, deleted the problem file manually, and it seems to have worked... google searches come up with normal results now. However, I'm still gonna do another Avast scan.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
please download Malwarebyte's AntiMalware for scanning. Download Hijackthis and find a forum that is specialized in malwares. Can I give an anti-malware forum? DOnt want to break any rules.

Clear your cookies with ATF cleaner http://majorgeeks.com/ATF_Cleaner_d4949.html
to clean your cookies.

What else do you need?

You could try to download ComboFix but Im no malware expert. Wait until a malware expert tells you to download and use ComboFix

You might also need rootrepeal to scan for rootkits. but you WILL NEED a malware expert for assistance as these two programs are super strong.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use SPYWARE TERMINATOR 2 link

and SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY link

both are very good both are free and free updates too install and update them and run scans and remove anything they find!

your not alone theres lots of posts on google out there but then you may not get them if its still wrong doh!

google groups with same issues link

you may want to uninstall any toolbar addons if your using IE such as ask/yahoo (even google) toolbars as they are known to drag in crap like malware
frown.gif

have you tried cleaning your internet cache too!?

edit just found this try removing all cookies

C:\Documents and Settings\(your computer name here)\cookies

note: you may need to show hidden files and folders to see them and may need to be done in safe mode if they will not delete

and check remove here also ..

C:\Documents and Settings\Local Services\Cookies

spyware is related to clickfraudmanager.com and cookies and a trojan called Vundo or Seneka!

Kurems

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It seems you have a naughty trojan named DNSChanger, like I had a month ago...
Programs like Spybot, Ad-Aware or ComboFix cannot erase the problem, even with their last updates!
Even antiviruses cannot do anything!

When I saw that all your navigators are affected, it had given me an hint concerning the solution to adopt!

HiJackThis! can view some of key registries used by that kind of malware, which are partially stocked in O17 ones.
But if you are not an expert with the program, don't try anything, because you could erase your DNS provider IP address by mistake.

The sole known solution to my mind, that have worked for my computer, was to download the last version of SmitFraudFix at:
http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix_En.php

Run the program in safe mode and perform the command, in order :
1. Search
2. Clean
3. Delete Trusted Zone
5. Search and clean DNS hijack

When all the operations are done, your computer will reboot and perform a final scan in normal mode...

I hope it will greatly help you!

EDIT : The problem seems to be solved, but I leave my solution also, if anyone will have the same problem in the future...
This kind of malware only affects the results in Google! If you use an another searchbot, results are normal!
Sorry if my written English could be pretty bad...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely...