Homebrew I think I know why we're getting banned...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario-lucis-caelum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Since a moderator decided it's cute to lock me out of the ban wave thread, I'll just post my idea/theory on how/why we got banned.

Btw, my 3DS is banned now. It happened a couple of hours after I posted the hoax thread. Yeah, Karma lol

Now back on topic, I think it's because of DLC's. Now this might just be speculation/someone's dumb idea, but let's use the Fire Emblem Echoes DLC as an example. As far as I know, this is the very first game to feature timely DLC (i don't know what the term is really called), meaning not all DLC's are available on launch day and are only made available at later dates.

Could it be that Nintendo can see that we already have those DLC's installed in our systems despite the fact that they aren't even available yet?

IIRC, last week I asked a question regarding FE Echoes DLC's and why they're suspending when downloaded through freeshop. A user told me those DLC's weren't released to the public yet which was why freeshop can't access it so what I did was I tried to download those undownloadable dlc's in game but upon doing so was greeted with an error message.

Could it be that Nintendo detected that some of us can download those files/ have them installed? Again, this is probably speculation and not really real lol

Zekamon

Now with extra salt!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think that's not the reason since not everyone plays Fire Emblem and not everyone pirates the games and DLC but who knows.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since a moderator decided it's cute to lock me out of the ban wave thread, I'll just post my idea/theory on how/why we got banned.

Btw, my 3DS is banned now. It happened a couple of hours after I posted the hoax thread. Yeah, Karma lol

Now back on topic, I think it's because of DLC's. Now this might just be speculation/someone's dumb idea, but let's use the Fire Emblem Echoes DLC as an example. As far as I know, this is the very first game to feature timely DLC (i don't know what the term is really called), meaning not all DLC's are available on launch day and are only made available at later dates.

Could it be that Nintendo can see that we already have those DLC's installed in our systems despite the fact that they aren't even available yet?

IIRC, last week I asked a question regarding FE Echoes DLC's and why they're suspending when downloaded through freeshop. A user told me those DLC's weren't released to the public yet which was why freeshop can't access it so what I did was I tried to download those undownloadable dlc's in game but upon doing so was greeted with an error message.

Could it be that Nintendo detected that some of us can download those files/ have them installed? Again, this is probably speculation and not really real lol
OP, you're an idiot and I hope they ban you for this one

Zekamon

Now with extra salt!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What did he do
He said that the ban wave is "a big fat hoax".

Even though everyone said that not everyone is banned or that the Nintendo Error Code Website was changed he still didn't get it.

Reactions: Joel16

queendude

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He said that the ban wave is "a big fat hoax".

Even though everyone said that not everyone is banned or that the Nintendo Error Code Website was changed he still didn't get it.

He apologized for that
He also got banned btw

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wtf are you saying...

Nintendo only has one way of finding out stuff like this and that is through Show System Info in SpotPass and the "Show Software" option in Friends List.
It's probably Activity Log that is fukin everyone over.

Patuli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was banned for updating my braverly default village, never cheated, never used a save editor, so this is not true.
However I have spotpass on!

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What did he do
> Since a moderator decided it's cute to lock me out of the ban wave thread
> *Makes new thread calling the banwave a hoax, which gets locked
> *Makes yet another new thread about the ban wave, because we clearly don't have enough of them

Reactions: Zekamon

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard people playing ctgp-7 online are getting bans. Before anybody asks, it's in controlled communities, and not just loading custom tracks on worldwide.

Shinusagi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This is BS, and you deserverd it because your HOAX, enjoy your stuff, and stop your missinformation, since a lot of people didn't even touch FE Echoes and got banned while not doing anything suspicious more than having CFW.
The main source of ban seems to be Freeshop keys but I am not sure about it since other players stated they only installed CIAs... so... still wondering the real issue but it is definitely not "specific game related"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap.