Hacking Question I think i just got my switch banned

QueenMawina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Because of the ethernet adapter connected to my dock, my switch connected to the internet while being on CFW.
Because it was idle and just charging, I guess they didnt detect any suspicious activity right away, because I now tried to connect with my clean sysnand and I am still good.
I hope Nintendo only starts being suspicious of someone once they enter online play with an NSP game, or do Homebrew online stuff, for example. I doubt they analyse every switch on earth that connects to the internet
But this just increased my chances of getting banned, I guess. If im good in the next ban wave, I will be less worried

Should I really be concerned?

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Once you connect online whilst on CFW you never know when Nintendo decides to swing the banhammer.
I'm a day 1 hekate/reinx/atmosphere user and hacked my switch and went online all along last years summer and got banned last November.
Now If you still aren't banned remove the internet adapter ASAP
You said you went online on CFW well at this point it could render your nand backup useless as error logs and traces of modding are already sent to Nintendo.
Here's hoping that they don't ban you though.

QueenMawina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Once you connect online whilst on CFW you never know when Nintendo decides to swing the banhammer.
I'm a day 1 hekate/reinx/atmosphere user and hacked my switch and went online all along last years summer and got banned last November.
Now If you still aren't banned remove the internet adapter ASAP
You said you went online on CFW well at this point it could render your nand backup useless as error logs and traces of modding are already sent to Nintendo.
Here's hoping that they don't ban you though.
I didnt go online as is, I played or used some internet service, it just connected and did nothing. So I did no suspicious activity.
I hope thats not enough for a ban hammer, Ill keep my hopes up

Reactions: NoNAND

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Next time you go online please make sure to set up 90DNS properly or use incognito. Though the latter modifies your PRODINFO partition meaning you have to keep a backup of the original prodinfo.bin somewhere safe.
If you're not comfortable with that simply go for 90DNS :)

QueenMawina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Next time you go online please make sure to set up 90DNS properly or use incognito. Though the latter modifies your PRODINFO partition meaning you have to keep a backup of the original prodinfo.bin somewhere safe.
If you're not comfortable with that simply go for 90DNS :)
Im installing 90DNS right away, wish I had it set up earlier

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Im installing 90DNS right away, wish I had it set up earlier
I recommend Incognito instead. 90DNS doesn't block everything, people are still getting update notifications, and at any time Nintendo could add more domains in an update that will not be blocked by 90DNS. And with 90DNS you have to make sure any time you connect to a new network that you add the DNS. Incognito is just a set it and forget it patch that once installed makes it unrecognizable by Nintendo's servers so that you can never get banned (but can't go online either)
Just make sure you move the PRODINFO backup off the SD card as malicious homebrew could steal it, and put it on a Dropbox or a GDrive or similar so it's safe.

PHiLiPZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
90DNS relies on Switch accessing Nintendo’s servers by fully qualified domain name while Nintendo could easily use a static IP address. This would completely skip DNS query and still be routed properly. Or am I missing something?

designgears

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
90DNS relies on Switch accessing Nintendo’s servers by fully qualified domain name while Nintendo could easily use a static IP address. This would completely skip DNS query and still be routed properly. Or am I missing something?

Or the ding dong running the dns server could remove the rules blocking nintendo and get everyone banned that uses it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu