i think i have an easier way to transfer sav to cart

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by xtreme1, Apr 16, 2010.

1. xtreme1
    OP

Member xtreme1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    using a 2nd slot device like max media dock (a crappy outdated flashcart/mediadock i own) i can use a program called reinmoon and rip or upload savs from my official cards such as pokemon and also load savs on them i believe. i havent actually done it since i dont need to but im just thinking thats probly easier then the other soldering option so i thought id put it out there

2. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Yeah, you can. This is not exactly recent news, however. These days you don't even need a slot-2 cart, you can run a program from slot-1 to dump the saves.

What's this about soldering?

3. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    He's talking about dumping saves as it relates to Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver, specifically. These cartridges have a different internal architecture, and traditional methods of dumping the saved data don't work. This includes all current homebrew (including Reinmoon, and all of Rudolph's tools, whether slot-2, 3in1, or wi-fi).

There are already multiple threads on this topic; let's keep the discussion limited to one of those, as this one offers no useful information.

4. xtreme1
    OP

United States
    lets try to offer a suggestion i hadnt seen. remember im just trying to help which, is better than just being a dick.

5. alukadoo

Member alukadoo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Dose it really works?
    I wanna try.

6. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    There's only one way to do it right now, and that's with the NDS Adapter Plus:

http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog...lus-p-3018.html

None of the current homebrew apps will do it, unless someone figures out exactly how the new cartridges are different and makes an update for some of them. There are people trying to do this (see here), but there's no saying how long it might take. Until someone manages this, there's absolutely nothing else to suggest to people trying to backup these saves. They can either buy the NDS Adapter Plus, or just do without the ability to back it up.

7. SirCB85

Member SirCB85 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Hell yeah, and posting something you haven´t tried yet just because you didn´t want to isn´t being a dick?
    You could have tried, you dind´t because you didn´t want to, instead you opened the probably thousandst thread about savedumping HGSS when you just as easily could have disproofed your theory and spared us all the time and effort to read and being dickish in here, including yourself.
    That said, next time just try yourself before posting.

8. xtreme1
    OP

United States
    im swallowing my pride sir. u see, recently my dog waffles has passed away and it has been causing me to take out some of my anger on others by calling them a dick for being honest. indeed i swallow sir... u are completely right. my bad for wasting ur time. a quick search probly could have fixed this.