I think I have a virus and I need your help.

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Goli, Jun 1, 2010.

Jun 1, 2010
  1. Goli
    OP

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    Okay so the other day while I was browsing the webs I clicked on a website that had the word "rapid" and something else in it, NOD32 detected a virus and quarantined it, I dunno if it was a cookie or what, but afterwards I ran an analysis and found nothing, So i assumed I was safe, yesterday I put some icons on my taskbar and removed them, however when I restarted my comp the ones I had erased were bulrry while the others were fine, I also got a prompt saying that windows explorer had stopped working, but it didn't crash or anything... I didn't think it was important, but I ran another analysis and again, found nothing. Now a few hours ago I was writing a report for school and suddenly characters I had not written started appearing on screen and my mouse started acting up, since the report is due tomorrow I just kept focusing on it, when I finished it I saved it in my folder, then I opened my folder and a black window with a little space that said send opened up, then I opened another folder and another "chat" windows opened, I ran an analysis and mid way through that a prompt appeared saying that NOD32 had found a virus and had eliminated it, but it wasn't a NOD32 promp, rather, a normal "windows" prompt, so I started getting really worried and began searching for information regarding that, unfortunately, I found none, suddenly 3 opened, the first said "hello", the second said "how are you", adn the third said "this is a wor...", I got really scared and quickly turned the comp off. Afterwards I booted it up in safe mode with networking, I downloaded avast! and AVg, but AVg vdidn't install properly, so now I'm running avast! in an act of desperation and don't know what to do...
    Please help me!
    Oh I also deleted all cookies and all that with CCleaner.

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Got Malware Bytes and Spybot SD?

3. Goli
    OP

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    Umm, no. Should I?

4. skateboard34

Newcomer skateboard34 Member

United States
    Try and get Malware Bytes, but that is pretty weird. Maybe a virus enabled remote access to your computer? Unlikely but would be very bad. Just keep watch out for any suspicious files. Screenshot?

5. Wombo Combo

Member Wombo Combo That Ain't Falco

United States
    Run this:

Combofix
    NOD32
    Malwarebytes
    Gmer

in that order.

6. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Yes you should.

You could try a few of the online AV scanners.

I always boot from BartPE's etc if a Virus is detected, and scan it from there. Although I always have a spare copy of Windows on another drive I can boot from.

Never have a single copy of Windows!

7. Goli
    OP

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    Ok, I will try that too!

And I don't know if this matters but I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate...

8. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    There's a sticky in this section with a guide that may help.

Here

9. Goli
    OP

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    Thanks to everyone for your help, and I didn't notice that thread since I was a bit paranoid, and wrote that as fast as I could, I didn't even bother checking, sorry. Appearently I had some dropper thing, but everything seems to be fine now.
    Thanks again!

10. Wombo Combo

Member Wombo Combo That Ain't Falco

United States
    What application ended up removing it?