Hacking I think I got a counterfeit R4i-SDHC

jjsca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still confused. I copied the contents of the card to a folder on my computer, and fully formatted it. I thought this was a fake of the r4i-sdhc.com card... Or is that the same thing ;-;

jjsca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. Crap. I just followed the instructions in the folder called R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC TTMenu.

I suppose I'll start over and do the other guide right now.

Thanks much for the help by the way, I'd be totally lost without this.

I should ask, there is a folder called DSTT_DSTTi TTMenu, and another called DSTT_DSTTi YSMenu... Which one is the right folder?

jjsca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know which folder to use, the TTMenu one or the YSMenu one, but I know that either way, there wont be a file on the SD card when I'm done called DSMenu.dat, so I may have already messed up... Theres one called 3DSCard.dat, but thats from the original firmware.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I don't know which folder to use, the TTMenu one or the YSMenu one, but I know that either way, there wont be a file on the SD card when I'm done called DSMenu.dat, so I may have already messed up... Theres one called 3DSCard.dat, but thats from the original firmware.

YOU DO NOT NEED ORIGIONAL FIRMWARE ON THE SD CARD!

delete all files from SD card

copy contents of DSTT_DSTTi to SD card
(YSMenu and TTMenu are just 2 different menus types, purely just how it looks)

rename DSMenu.dat to 3DSCard.dat

thats it DONE

then just copy games youve backed up onto the card

jjsca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh! Thanks for the tip, but if I do that, there are no files called DSMenu.dat or 3DSCard.dat... Theres TTMenu.dat... Do I rename that to 3DSCard.dat?

jjsca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! Here goes nothing!

As soon as I start the card it says "MENU?" and that's it.

Also, not sure if it matters, but the original configuration had a 3DSCard.dat and a ttmenu.dat and an R4i.3DS in it.

jjsca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Renamind it R4i.3DS didn't work (same error). Trying ttmenu.dat now.

:D! Naming it ttmenu.dat worked! How funny that I didn't ever have to actually rename it. Thank you so much! This is like 800 times faster than what it had on it originally.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
so then yeah its a pure DSTT fake
but at least it has a updatable bootloader so you can update it to work on 3DS firmware

you will need to use the origional firmware from the supplyier when you update it for newer 3ds/DSi firmware tho so keep the origional firmware files somewhere on computer

jjsca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I actually already bought the card that was recommended to me in an earlier post in here, so I feel like I'll be getting a far superior card anyways. This just allows me to not hate my purchase as much. Maybe I'll give it to someone.

And yeah, this one is WAY faster. On the original one, when scrolling through the games list, it had to pause for 1-2sec each game because it took that long to load the little thumbnail icon for the game. Honestly, that was why I wanted to change it so badly. It came with over 500 games on it, so imagine how long that would have taken.

jjsca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, that's the one. If everyone here wasn't so adamant about it, I'd stay away though. Only because I haven't ever heard of it. I had an Acekard when I had my DSL and I probably would have ended up going with that. The only reason I didn't is because the website I knew to get them from takes over 20 days to deliver to California.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
That's frustrating. I paid $50 for it too, since I didn't want to wait around for a month to get it in the mail. My girlfriend bought one from the same guy too, it isn't the same kind either... and upon looking into it, hers is a counterfeit too. We're out $100 for something that doesn't work right. Rage.

In that case I'd like to own an authentic product, where should I look to buy one, and which one would my best bet be? We both have 3DS's with the newest system version... Gah...

$50? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You can buy that cart online for like $3.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
That's frustrating. I paid $50 for it too, since I didn't want to wait around for a month to get it in the mail. My girlfriend bought one from the same guy too, it isn't the same kind either... and upon looking into it, hers is a counterfeit too. We're out $100 for something that doesn't work right. Rage.

In that case I'd like to own an authentic product, where should I look to buy one, and which one would my best bet be? We both have 3DS's with the newest system version... Gah...

$50? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You can buy that cart online for like $3.

LOL noob saying there $3
there actually $20 each that specific one

so

noob_owned_02.jpg

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yep, that's the one. If everyone here wasn't so adamant about it, I'd stay away though. Only because I haven't ever heard of it. I had an Acekard when I had my DSL and I probably would have ended up going with that. The only reason I didn't is because the website I knew to get them from takes over 20 days to deliver to California.
The thing is time flows forward. The R4 used to be "the" card to get, but that was years ago. The team disbanded and 5842358 chinese clones popped up using the name without permission (US/EU copyright laws don't apply in China). Nowadays if you want an R4-named cart you gotta' be careful about which you pick as there's only a few... which is why people suggest cards like the Acekard 2i and DSTwo, since you don't run nearly the risk of buying a shitty one instead... and the DSTwo has a lot more features anyways.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Jesse did you forget to thank someone? Oh, in the future, be careful of what you hear even here. Some members don't have a clue and just spout out words and phrases they've heard other people say. Technically, they don't even know what they're talking about. Stick around and you'll see what I mean. Good luch with your r4i-sdhc.hk flash card. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv