I think I fucked up - Error 6 on Classic Xbox

Copai1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I'll explain the situation: A friend of mine gave me an old 80gb hard drive and I wanted to swap it with the one I had on a Xbox classic a guy gave me, I plugged the cords into the new hdd just to check and gave me error 13, I disconnected it and plugged back the cables to the old hard drive and now it just gives the error 6...
Did the old HDD just locked? Did I fucked up the console? Didn't really care about the old HDD but is there some way to make everything work again, or at least make the new HDD work? Thanks.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I'll explain the situation: A friend of mine gave me an old 80gb hard drive and I wanted to swap it with the one I had on a Xbox classic a guy gave me, I plugged the cords into the new hdd just to check and gave me error 13, I disconnected it and plugged back the cables to the old hard drive and now it just gives the error 6...
Did the old HDD just locked? Did I fucked up the console? Didn't really care about the old HDD but is there some way to make everything work again, or at least make the new HDD work? Thanks.

As you correct mentioned:

6 - kernel - Cannot unlock HDD

or

Error Code 06
Problem: Incorrect hard drive password.

If your XBox is not equipped with an Modchip or TSOP flashed (a custom Bios) you can not use a HDD from another XBox.:)

- First you need to Softmod your XBox.This needs your old HDD back.
- then you can change to an bigger HDD (by using Chimp to Clone the HDD for Example)

or

- then you can make the TSOP Flash if possible (depends on your XBox Modell)
- in this Case you can use the HDD from your Friend.

or

- you can order a Modchip from Aliexpress or from somewhere else
(for Example this -> https://www.aliexpress.com/af/xbox-...+chip&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20200721210652 )
- then you can also use your HDD from your Friend.

Good Luck.
Thank you.:)

Copai1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hello.:)

As you correct mentioned:

6 - kernel - Cannot unlock HDD

or

Error Code 06
Problem: Incorrect hard drive password.

If your XBox is not equipped with an Modchip or TSOP flashed (a custom Bios) you can not use a HDD from another XBox.:)

- then you can change to an bigger HDD (by using Chimp to Clone the HDD for Example)

or

- then you can make the TSOP Flash if possible (depends on your XBox Modell)
- in this Case you can use the HDD from your Friend.

or

- you can order a Modchip from Aliexpress or from somewhere else
(for Example this -> https://www.aliexpress.com/af/xbox-...+chip&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20200721210652 )
- then you can also use your HDD from your Friend.

Good Luck.

Hello, people should mention that this error can also happen if you didn't connect the IDE cable right... lmao. One of those "sticks" where you connect that cable was kinda broken but I fixed it, thanks for the help tho.

Now I'm stuck trying to format this old HDD using ZXBinstaller, Itry to go and format everything but it gets stucked formatting Drive C... Do you know what can I do?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello, people should mention that this error can also happen if you didn't connect the IDE cable right... lmao. One of those "sticks" where you connect that cable was kinda broken but I fixed it, thanks for the help tho.

Now I'm stuck trying to format this old HDD using ZXBinstaller, Itry to go and format everything but it gets stucked formatting Drive C... Do you know what can I do?

It is pretty obviously,the HDD is locked,so you can not format/write/delete something on it,it is simply "useless" until you know the Serial Number/Password and this is very unlikely I fear.
Except this HDD is already from an softmodded/chipped XBox and has the "Master" Passwords.
(TEAMASSEMBLY and XBOXSCENE are these two I think)

If you have an IDE Connection to the PC (best is an DIRECT IDE Connection and not via USB but it also "can work")
you can try it with the Tool "Victoria HDD"(works good used it by myself) or the "Ultimate Boot CD" (never tried it by myself)

Reactions: cvskid and Copai1

Copai1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
It is pretty obviously,the HDD is locked,so you can not format/write/delete something on it,it is simply "useless" until you know the Serial Number/Password and this is very unlikely I fear.
Except this HDD is already from an softmodded/chipped XBox and has the "Master" Passwords.
(TEAMASSEMBLY and XBOXSCENE are these two I think)

If you have an IDE Connection to the PC (best is an DIRECT IDE Connection and not via USB but it also "can work")
you can try it with the Tool "Victoria HDD"(works good used it by myself) or the "Ultimate Boot CD" (never tried it by myself)

I dont really if this was from a modded Xbox or something. I don't have a IDE connection
with my pc sadly.
I was reading about cloning my HDD with ChimpXbox but idk if it could work, gonna try regardless

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I dont really if this was from a modded Xbox or something. I don't have a IDE connection
with my pc sadly.
I was reading about cloning my HDD with ChimpXbox but idk if it could work, gonna try regardless
If you have a working XBox it is worth a try,but you have to remember you have to lock it with your XBox Serial/Password then.:)

The maybe most sensible Solution could be to get your original HDD back and try to softmod the XBox with one of the Game Exploits.Maybe also to do the TSOP Flash (it is then like you have an Modchip installed).
After that you can use your Friends HDD (if it is ok and working,of Course).

Good Luck

Reactions: cvskid and Copai1

Copai1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
If you have a working XBox it is worth a try,but you have to remember you have to lock it with your XBox Serial/Password then.:)

The maybe most sensible Solution could be to get your original HDD back and try to softmod the XBox with one of the Game Exploits.Maybe also to do the TSOP Flash (it is then like you have an Modchip installed).
After that you can use your Friends HDD (if it is ok and working,of Course).

Good Luck
Thanks a lot for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Lol