I think I found the exploit to crack the Switch on the 2nd model and possibly OLED

Status
Not open for further replies.

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
cmon guys we are better than this, if he had an idea no matter how stretched it is, don't go around calling people s2pd

remember, ninjhax used the 3ds' camera , 3ds also had an audio file entry point, psp with a photo, and many more exploits on other devices via network, dns, bt stack and xfat

just let him understand, while it is true games run in a sandbox, but that's how the devs chain all these stuff together.

answer is probably no but you get the point

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
However small a chance, it could always lead to something. Just the problem is that what it would lead to would be minor and have to be chained with another exploit (or even more) to actually achieve anything worth any time.

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
remember, ninjhax used the 3ds' camera , 3ds also had an audio file entry point, psp with a photo, and many more exploits on other devices via network, dns, bt stack and xfat
That's exactly WHY we don't think this is even possibly an entry point.

Nintendo is putting actual effort into preventing the console from being hacked after having basically every console they've ever made have it's security defeated in some of the most crazy ways that never would have thought about.

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly. I'm not sure if you've played a Yugioh game before but it only happens during a duel where it's constantly trying to read scripts turn by turn and the glitch I'm fairly certain is trying to pull from either the cinematics or the AI response in game. It's an obvious indicator that it's looking for data to follow. But if there's data to read where this glitch happens then it's a free ticket to loading custom data.
Issue with that tho, How are you going to provide it with those files? You can't inject files on a non CFW switch, you need a way first to give it said files, and that's even if it's trying to load them in a way that would even work, far as you know it would only effect the game, and there is no telling if what you provide it will ever actually touch the switch at a layer that would matter.

Reactions: CompSciOrBust

NintenboChan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see what you guys are saying but my theory mainly revolves around trying to trick the Switch into loading a something that can open a mod setup. But I am seeing that it was mentioned that there's an opening in an audio through the 3DS. How does the switch load video files through the 30 second recordings?

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see what you guys are saying but my theory mainly revolves around trying to trick the Switch into loading a something that can open a mod setup. But I am seeing that it was mentioned that there's an opening in an audio through the 3DS. How does the switch load video files through the 30 second recordings?
Some of the switch is sandboxed in a way that does not touch deeper parts of the system, lots of stuff is handled only in a surface level. The exploit would NEED to dig deeper than that.

Reactions: CompSciOrBust

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even if you exploited a game it wouldn't even have access to load files from the SD card. There's no way to load "a something". Try to listen to the details of what people are telling you.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Does anyone have any links to explain how the switch loads internal features like channels and what not?
Dude... everyone here tells you that every process runs in a sandbox (or something similar like that). Whatever you want to try, is useless as long as you have deeper access to the system. There is already a patched warmboot exploit called "deja vu". And TrustZone bugs doesn't exist anymore on higher firmwares atm. I dunno what you want to do, but it is nothing there to exploit. And someone here linked you already a thread why that, what you want to do, can't work.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
cmon guys we are better than this, if he had an idea no matter how stretched it is, don't go around calling people s2pd

just let him understand, while it is true games run in a sandbox, but that's how the devs chain all these stuff together.

answer is probably no but you get the point
Some are like that, but many also just try to explain how the switch and hacking it works.

Also all 3DS entry points you mentioned are worthless on their own, they where always combined with other higher level exploits behind the scene.
And thats the main problem here, even if it works as an entry point, without something in other parts of the system it will be worthless in terms of hacking the switch.

YoureALoser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. Only a few posts in here have useful information.
You fail to realize what he is hinting at. This thread is a joke. You have no idea how hacking consoles work. Which is why it should be put on the front page because April fool's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."