G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Better post here what your problem is...

Some people are a little paranoid clicking links and stuff... me too.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read your pastebin... WTF were you doing? Honestly that's one of the worst attempts at moddin a WII. Sorry man, anyway after reading can you identify the specific issue, because u just added a bunch of shit together for a post. If you specify what exactly is happening now that would help me identify ur problem

i.e. you have a lot of problems. but we need to address the biggest in order to fix this

Wynd

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it's apparently still working, I suggest that the first order of business is to follow the 4.2 modding guide at the top of the stickies instead of whatever you were using before. After that I suppose you'll need to run AnyRegionChanger assuming you really did swap regions somehow.

Also, you could have posted all that here. Your average image will waste more bandwidth than any of that.

zerglin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As requested, im posting all the info here.

My system was on 3.2U. I intsalled bannerbomb according to this instructions: http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php and then proceeded to install the homebrew channel with the hackmii installer.
#

#
I then followed the following guide from step 13 onwards (including the side step about error 2011) except from step 17.
#

#
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
#
1-17 - All regions
#
1. Turn on your wii WITHOUT inserting the SD card.
#
2. Click the WII button on the bottom left of the screen.
#
3. Click Data Management.
#
4. Click Channels then click the SD card button at the top of the screen.
#
5. Insert your SD card into the slot on the Wii.
#
6. A popup should appear. Click yes. Press 1 on the warning screen.*
#
7. Install the Homebrew channel when the new screen loads.
#
8. Exit this installer and open the HBC when your wii restarts.
#
9. Run the HackMii installer.
#
10. Install DVDx and stay in the HackMii installer.
#
11. Install BootMii to boot2 if your Wii is compatible.
#
12. Exit the HackMii installer and return to the HBC.
#
13. Run Wad Manager 1.5 from the HBC. Choose all of the default options by pressing A until you see cIOS_Fix.wad, install it. (The first will be an IOS. The second, .)
#
If step 13 results in an error 2011, run the TBR (Trucha Bug Restorer) from the HBC**, and repeat step 13.
#
14. Run the Firmware downgrader and choose Firmware 3.2(U, E, or J based on your region) and let the installer run.
#
15. Run the cIOS36_Rev_9 installer from the HBC and choose network install.
#
16. Run the Preloader Installer, and return to the HBC.
#

#
Step 17 - NTSC-U ONLY! simply skip if not NTSC-U
#
17. Run the cIOScorps installer. This will take some time because it patches most of the IOS on the system.
#

#
18-20 - All regions
#
18. Run the cIOS36_Rev_9 installer from the HBC and choose network install. (Yes again)
#
19. Run the cIOS38_Rev_14 installer from the HBC and choose network install.
#

#
*(This is the HackMii installer. It is slightly temperamental so be patient. The Gamecube controler can be used if the Wiimote does not respond)
#

#
**Load with IOS36. Downgrade IOS15.
#
Relaunch TBR. Load with IOS15. Go to IOS36 Menu. Install to Slot 36. The next 3 options should say Yes, Yes, No. Click Install Patched IOS36.
#
Launch TBR again. Load with IOS36. Restore IOS15.
#
---------------------------------------------------------
#

#
I tried loading a game afterwards using USBLoader but there was an error with the game and the game wouldn't load. I then tried running a retail copy of a game using the original disk but the wii won't read the disk.
#

#
Having panicked, I erased the homebrew channel from the Data Management screen and updated the firmware to 4.2 in order to fix the problem and also formated the Wii system memory. However, this didn't solve the problem.
#

#
I tried running AnyTitleDeleter as stated above but i get : identifying as SU...Error! ES_identify (ret = -1017), then wipiing off fingerprints produces another error (no ticket and isfs_delete(ret=-102). The database loads ok for what it's worth and then reading the IMD fails.
#

#
When the next screen loads and I select System title and try to delete any IOS larger than 200, i get the "no ticket" error for all of them.
#
The IOS larger than 200 that are installed are 254, 223, 222, 250, 249.
#

#
Nand clean operates smoothly with no errors.
#

#
The problem is still there and I tried the steps in the guide again from the top (all the steps this time, including bootmii) but when i reach step 13 and run the WAD manager, the system freezes when I select any ISO in the first prompt.
#

#
In addition, the Health and safety screen when i switch on the wii is in black and white, which i am not sure if it's a problem since i cant remember if that's how its supposed to be.
#

#
I suspect that I might have installed a european software somehow since I thought the Wii was european, but apparently it's a USA wii according to the firmware. I only made this discovery in the very end. (noob)

The main problem is that the drive wont read any of the retail copies of the games.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would assume the problem with that would be that you have PAL games and probably somehow changed your system to NTSC so in order to play them you would either need to enable some region free system menu hacks or change your region back to PAL as it probably should be.

But yea, follow the 4.2 guide as fenrirwolf said and see what else must be done after that and don't randomly follow ass backwards guides like the one you used to begin with.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
wow, well first i guess we should identify exactly what region his wii actually is.

post the first few letters/digits of your wiis serial number

LAH = PAL
LU = NTSC

not sure of any others

zerglin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for your replies. The serial number begins with LEH.
I purchased the console in Cyprus if that is of any help.

ipawii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zerglin said:
Thank you for your replies. The serial number begins with LEH.
I purchased the console in Cyprus if that is of any help.

Europe (PAL) = LEH
Australia (PAL) = LAH
North America (NTSC(U) = LU
Japan (NTSC(J) = LJH

cayspekko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you do a bootmii backup. It seems that you didn't from what you posted. But if you did, couldn't you just restore the wii with the NAND backup and start over?

zerglin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No backup
frown.gif

zerglin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all I would like to thank you guys for all your help.
I modded the wii using a guide from the site and then used AnyRegionChanger to change the region back to Europe. This downgraded my wii back to 3.2E. I tried loading Zelda:Twilight Princess from a USB and it works perfectly.

My questions is, should I use this guide to upgrade my wii to 4.2? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171...t=0&start=0
Are there any complications that I should be aware of?

Thank you,

Ramzee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you haven't already, I'd install bootmii via the hackmii installer and take a nand backup.

If you can't install bootmii as boot2 then you'll need to look into pre-loader as well so you can have some brick protection.

Also make sure you have the latest HBC installed as the 4.2E System Menu blocks the old channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey