Hacking i think i bricked my wii .... you need to help me

tedster912

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have preloader v0.29 on my wii and wii v4.0 i can start up wii but when i get to the wii menu, the screen is black. this happened after i tried installing a theme to my wii using a non-offical version. (stupid) but anyways i can go to the homebrew channel only if i do it through the preloader. so anyways would me using restoremii fix my wii?? or is there a different method on fixing this

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
tedster912 said:
i have preloader v0.29 on my wii and wii v4.0 i can start up wii but when i get to the wii menu, the screen is black. this happened after i tried installing a theme to my wii using a non-offical version. (stupid) but anyways i can go to the homebrew channel only if i do it through the preloader. so anyways would me using restoremii fix my wii?? or is there a different method on fixing this

I think you just answered your own question. Looks like you have corrupted your system menu with softmii theme.
Lucky you have preloader.

tedster912

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha! yay that program fixed my wii

Posts merged

yea i know i got preloader installed a few minutes before it got bricked lol ummm what made it brick was my trying to get a theme in the background of v4.0 how do you do it the correct way to prevent bricking AGAIN

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
tedster912 said:
haha! yay that program fixed my wii

Posts merged

yea i know i got preloader installed a few minutes before it got bricked lol ummm what made it brick was my trying to get a theme in the background of v4.0 how do you do it the correct way to prevent bricking AGAIN

lol don't do it again.
You are very lucky you just put preloader on it otherwise you whould be calling ninety to send in for repair. I have talked to around 10 ppl in the last 2 days who either have installed bad wads or something else and most of them had no brick protection and are on there way to ninety.

But I suppose your gonna try it again anyway regardless of what i say so I will try and help as I would hate to see another carted of for repair ok what theme are you trying to install? A softmii theme?.

tedster912

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i believe thats what its called. i want a theme that replaces the gray, blue and white theme...honestly i had it before, but that was for version 3.2. now i got version 4.0 and i want it again lol

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
tedster912 said:
yea i believe thats what its called. i want a theme that replaces the gray, blue and white theme...honestly i had it before, but that was for version 3.2. now i got version 4.0 and i want it again lol

OK so can I assume what you did was install a theme for 3.2 and corrupt your system menu.
So go to softmii website.
Make sure you use a theme that is for 4.0 compatible as most themes are for 3.2 and your Region either PAL or NTSC.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
tedster912 said:
hmm why wont my preloader work anymore??? as in it wont load when i press reset when i turn the system on..

Install preloader again, Restoremii has wiped it....plz say you have not bricked it again without preloader
wtf.gif

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
tedster912 said:
i havent installed a theme yet... no i didnt brick it, i just wanted to go to the preloader

yay.gif
je.......
Yeah stick Preloader back on it. Restoremii will wipe it everytime as it restores your boot up.
Just as well you checked as I had forgot about it. Close call

tedster912

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg what the heck...i tried installing preloader again and guess what....it bricked...so i tried to do preloader after it bricked and it worked. but i cant do preloader when its not bricked. this is messed up. im fixing my wii again as i type

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
tedster912 said:
is there an alternate way of loading preloader without pressing select?

Other than holding down reset on power up I don't think so.
Can you get it to autoboot into preloader?

tedster912

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nvm forget i said anything, well i just cant load preloader through the reset button, or reinstall it...when i reinstall it, my wii bricks. but then i can use it. but not go anywhere else unless i use repairmii. then i can use my wii normally

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
tedster912 said:
u still there? or anyone else help?
Yeah still here just my little man has me occupied at the moment!
So what your saying is you cannot load preloader but when you try to install it your Wii bricks and when your system boots with brick preloader works and you then restore with Restoremii?.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb