Hacking i think i bricked my n2DSXL

GravityLoL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So, quick story short: n2DSXL 11.5E and R4 B9S

i tried to instal CFW and followed guide from R4 ( link here if somebody doesn't know http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/down/The definitive guide to 3DS custom firmware.pdf ) but got stuck on step 6, couldn't find files needed to continue ( links in tuitorial are dead).

Had to do few things at city so i said "will finish it later".
Then i reminded myself about 3ds.guide and how easy it was to instal cfw on my old n3dsxl ( i had also a help of a friend who already cfw'ed her 3ds) so decided to try it again when i get back home.

So, i had everything prepared alrerady but my n2dsxl won't turn on now. Blue LED will turn off and off instantly when i try to turn it on.
Did i just bricked my console? How can i recover it? I know it's probably noobish but any help would be aprriciated. I can't ask my friend for help again, she moved out from the city.

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yоu did not brick your console, and also if you have a B9S card you can't. [Any 3DS, bricked or not, will start up the cart when it's inside and Start+Select+X+sleep+power are pressed]
Where did you get that? you need a boot.firm.

Reactions: GravityLoL

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, quick story short: n2DSXL 11.5E and R4 B9S

i tried to instal CFW and followed guide from R4 ( link here if somebody doesn't know http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/down/The definitive guide to 3DS custom firmware.pdf ) but got stuck on step 6, couldn't find files needed to continue ( links in tuitorial are dead).

Had to do few things at city so i said "will finish it later".
Then i reminded myself about 3ds.guide and how easy it was to instal cfw on my old n3dsxl ( i had also a help of a friend who already cfw'ed her 3ds) so decided to try it again when i get back home.

So, i had everything prepared alrerady but my n2dsxl won't turn on now. Blue LED will turn off and off instantly when i try to turn it on.
Did i just bricked my console? How can i recover it? I know it's probably noobish but any help would be aprriciated. I can't ask my friend for help again, she moved out from the city.
Looks like you miss the boot.firm on your SD.
Download the latest release of Luma3DS from here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.1.1
Then just put boot.firm from the archive to the root of your SD card and you should be done

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
tutorial said to format the console SD card so i formatted it and tbh, i think that's were it bucked it up, right?
You already hacked your 2DS if that's the first thing you did.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yeah, adding boot.firm fixed problem but now i'm stuck at firm instal screen
Because you added the wrong boot.firm. You need the one from Luma 3DS 8 and up. 8.1.1 is best

GravityLoL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You already hacked your 2DS if that's the first thing you did.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Because you added the wrong boot.firm. You need the one from Luma 3DS 8 and up. 8.1.1 is best

omg, how i could buck it up so easily.
i swear, i can do lot's of stuff with pc's and consoles but nintedno stuff is like a black magic for me, i tottaly don't know what to do

i think i'm gonna be okay from here, console booted and it seems to be okay.

don't close the thread yet please

Last edited by GravityLoL,
Reactions: Hunter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs