I think I bricked my emummc? What can I do to possibly fix it or recover my saves

CGGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my emummc is on HOS 13.0.0, I was using Hekate 5.6.4 and Atmosphere 1.2.2. I was downloading an nsp from Tinfoil and I kept getting this error I had never seen "Failed to install application record." This happend right when the progress bar was at the end, so I retried the download and same error. I restarted Tinfoil and started again, only this time for my Switch to take me to a crash screen (and not the normal teal Atmosphere one with the error code and dump log). I rebooted to Hekate and when I try launching my emummc with CFW config I get the error,

Unknown pkg1 version. HOS version not supported! or emuMMC corrupt! Trying backup bootloader... Found pkg1 ('Be?') Unknown pkg1 version. HOS version not supported! or emuMMC corrupt! Failed to launch HOS!

When I try launching the fusee payload directly from Hekate, I get

A fatal error occured when running Fusee. Invalid GPT signature Press Power to reboot.

I'm assuming I've corrupted my Emummc, which I'm ok with, but is there any way to save it without starting over? Most of my games I had backed up with JKSV except for a few, which I would really like to recover if possible

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So my emummc is on HOS 13.0.0, I was using Hekate 5.6.4 and Atmosphere 1.2.2. I was downloading an nsp from Tinfoil and I kept getting this error I had never seen "Failed to install application record." This happend right when the progress bar was at the end, so I retried the download and same error. I restarted Tinfoil and started again, only this time for my Switch to take me to a crash screen (and not the normal teal Atmosphere one with the error code and dump log). I rebooted to Hekate and when I try launching my emummc with CFW config I get the error,

Unknown pkg1 version. HOS version not supported! or emuMMC corrupt! Trying backup bootloader... Found pkg1 ('Be?') Unknown pkg1 version. HOS version not supported! or emuMMC corrupt! Failed to launch HOS!

A fatal error occured when running Fusee. Invalid GPT signature Press Power to reboot.

I'm assuming I've corrupted my Emummc, which I'm ok with, but is there any way to save it without starting over? Most of my games I had backed up with JKSV except for a few, which I would really like to recover if possible
Probably not, data recovery software won't help since the emuNAND partition is nonstandard/encrypted.
Test your card with h2testw (after deleting all partitions and formatting it empty) to make sure it's not dying.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are windows tools for editing NAND and I even recovered savegames that way, but I don't recall all the steps I took. I'm pretty sure hactool was involved though, and I was probably following a tutorial on these forums somewhere. You supply the right keys and you can just decrypt the nand afterall.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Was your SD card formatted to exFAT?

Ihatefall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This same this happened to me! But was using Tinfoil to install DLC / updates.

I got the same error message, when I backed out of Tinfoil, atmosphere crashed and I couldn’t get back into Atmosphere.

Error message: “fail to parse sdmc:/emuMMC/emuMMC.ini”

When I looked that the .ini file it was corrupted and all strange characters. My pc isn’t giving me the “do you want to format drive “ when I connect it to my PC.
NXnandmanager isn’t seeing the drive either.

It looks like my EmuMMC was corrupted as well.

Strangely, my SD card had about 400gb of data on it before and now it only has 89GB!

What the heck happened?!?!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This same this happened to me! But was using Tinfoil to install DLC / updates.

I got the same error message, when I backed out of Tinfoil, atmosphere crashed and I couldn’t get back into Atmosphere.

Error message: “fail to parse sdmc:/emuMMC/emuMMC.ini”

When I looked that the .ini file it was corrupted and all strange characters. My pc isn’t giving me the “do you want to format drive “ when I connect it to my PC.
NXnandmanager isn’t seeing the drive either.

It looks like my EmuMMC was corrupted as well.

Strangely, my SD card had about 400gb of data on it before and now it only has 89GB!

What the heck happened?!?!
Well if the files are corrupted, that would explain the size difference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: