Android I think I bricked my Android phone, is this normal?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I attempted to root my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) following this guide here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/ver...-to-notes-root-install-xposed-unroot-t3411039

After this step "Still in Odin, click 'Start' to flash the engineer-rooted boot image and reboot the phone."

My phone just hangs on a white screen with the AT&T logo in the middle. Its been like this for over 5 mins and I'm not sure if this is normal or I should wait longer.

I did a restart by holding power and volume down and it still gets stuck on that screen. What can I do from here?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for future reference, how would I make a backup of my device so I dont have to start from scratch again when I fuck up?

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Are you sure you put it on "AP" on Odin?
Also
>Note: most people use the PrinceComsy version, but some AT&T users said the other version will prevent bootloop/stuck AT&T logo.
Try using the other one then if that one gets you stuck.
But flash the stock one to unbrick first

Reactions: yuyuyup

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you put it on "AP" on Odin?
Also
>Note: most people use the PrinceComsy version, but some AT&T users said the other version will prevent bootloop/stuck AT&T logo.
Try using the other one then if that one gets you stuck.
But flash the stock one to unbrick first
I did try the first one but whenever I try to open it, there is this text popup in korean and then it immediately shuts down.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how do I backup my device?

P.S. There is also this icon on the top that looks like a tornado swirl. It wasnt there before and I would prefer to remove it.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,

loco365

Trophies
XP
I attempted to root my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) following this guide here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/ver...-to-notes-root-install-xposed-unroot-t3411039

After this step "Still in Odin, click 'Start' to flash the engineer-rooted boot image and reboot the phone."

My phone just hangs on a white screen with the AT&T logo in the middle. Its been like this for over 5 mins and I'm not sure if this is normal or I should wait longer.

I did a restart by holding power and volume down and it still gets stuck on that screen. What can I do from here?
What you have is referred to as a bootloop, not a full brick (You can call it a partial brick though). Basically, there is something fucky with the OS and it never finishes booting, but there's nothing wrong with the bootloader so the phone can actually boot.

Also, yeah, definitely make a backup image of your phone in Recovery so if your ROM does bootloop or something you can quickly restore.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done 3 different factory restores to my phone and every time it always shows "Custom (with a lock thats unlocked)" on the splashscreen. I haven't done any custom firmwares or anything and I feel like the factory resets should of gotten rid of everything so why would that show up? Plus I feel like the phone is even more sluggish after factory restoring than when I first activated it, really bizarre.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I've done 3 different factory restores to my phone and every time it always shows "Custom (with a lock thats unlocked)" on the splashscreen. I haven't done any custom firmwares or anything and I feel like the factory resets should of gotten rid of everything so why would that show up? Plus I feel like the phone is even more sluggish after factory restoring than when I first activated it, really bizarre.
The Samsung line as of late has a security feature called Knox that can detect root and will blow an e-fuse which sets off warranty status. It's basically a permanent change that will show on your phone, and it will show regardless of the fact that you have stock or custom firmwares on your phone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you