Hacking I think I am banner bricked but not sure.

elimist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I installed the usb loader gx forwarder using yawmm.
2. I installed the latest hermes cios using default settings
3. installed waninkoko's cios rev19 using the default settings( i think i had 14 before )
4. I launched the usb loader gx forwarder and tried to play a gamecube multi iso disc but it just rebooted my wii.
5. tried ^ again but it still rebooted my wii after clicking on the disk.
6. I use the hb browser (launched with forwarder) to get wii mc.
7. I deleted desumume with hbc.
8. I started config usb loader with hbc and see the screen showing "config usb loader" and 57a 222 (version number) on the bottom and it froze there. I waited a minute and then rebooted my wii because I thought config usb loader may not be compatable with the newer hermes cios.
9. My wii boots up to a black screen with nothing displayed. I know that there is a video signal because othervise, my tv will say no signal.
I am able to launch priiloader v.4(i think) by holding reset but if I select "system menu", the screen becomes white and stays white. I think this is a banner brick but the only wad i installed was the usb gx forwarder and it works fine. Can someone help me unbrick my wii? please?

here is the stuff i have on my wii:
sys menu: 4.1u
bootmii ios
priiloader v .4
hombrew channel installed
nand dump and keys (it is a little old so I don't want to restore it and lose all my wiiware games)
cios 222,249 from latest waninkoko and hermes cios

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use priiloader to load the homebrew channel and from there reinstall the system menu with an app like DOP-Mii

Oh, and you need a custom mios to load gamecube backups, and you can't load them from USB

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't do that. If it is a banner brick, he'll end up fully bricked since reinstalling an SM removes priiloader. If you want to try that, be absolutely sure to reinstall priiloader IMMEDIATELY after exiting DOP-Mii, before quitting the homebrew channel.

Try uninstalling that USB Loader forwarder in wad manager,

elimist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using yawmm but it dumps after I select ios 249. I used priiloader to start hbc and then yawmm with ios 36 and deleted the channel but i still cant start the sys menu. for some reason dopmii does not work and I only see a red bar on top with "dop mii v12 svn ". sign check also freezes after ios 13(i think). it says i have 19 ioses. wii explorer just black screens. I tried launching usbloader gx with the forwarder dol from priiloader but it juse says loading. I think my sd is corruped because that would explain alll this because my cios installers and wads may be corrupted.

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
do all the system menu updates remove priiloader? I thought it was only 4.2

you could also use syscheck in dop-mii to check your ioses to see if any missing or messed up.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get into priiloader and see what hacks are turned on.

It seems like maybe you have a hack on that starts the wii to a black screen or it starts it into recovery mode

EDIT: Do you have a sd card inserted when the wii is turned on? I had a buddy who had been using a micro sd card in an adapter and if it was left in the wii when it was turned on it would load to a black screen and that was it.Switching to a normal sd card fixed the issue which.It didnt do this until after bootmii was installed on the wii and had the bootmii folder on the micro sd card but when everything was moved to a normal sd card everything worked fine even bootmii loading up at startup when the card was inserted.

elimist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
Get into priiloader and see what hacks are turned on.

It seems like maybe you have a hack on that starts the wii to a black screen or it starts it into recovery mode

EDIT: Do you have a sd card inserted when the wii is turned on? I had a buddy who had been using a micro sd card in an adapter and if it was left in the wii when it was turned on it would load to a black screen and that was it.Switching to a normal sd card fixed the issue which.It didnt do this until after bootmii was installed on the wii and had the bootmii folder on the micro sd card but when everything was moved to a normal sd card everything worked fine even bootmii loading up at startup when the card was inserted.
ok i will try that.

elimist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the black screen hack was not enabled but I disabled all the other hacks anyway but my sys menu still doesn't load. dopmii still dosen't work. I tried turning on my wii withour an sd card and without pressing reset but my sys menu still does not load. I also tried pressing reset when booting without my sd card and priiloader does not come up. My sd card has to be inside for me to acess priiloader.

elimist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried several times. priiloader does not work without my sd card inside. I also tried removing my sd after priiloader booted and selecting sys menu but my screen becomes white with no text on it. I wanted to show off my hacked wii to my friends but all I have now is an expensive brick.
hate2.gif

elimist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will restoring my nand dump fix all this? I made my backup after installing hbc, bootmii ios, and cios.

Deanr1977

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
elimist said:
Will restoring my nand dump fix all this? I made my backup after installing hbc, bootmii ios, and cios.

Sounds like you dont have much of a choice left now my friend???? Unless you would rather show off your big bricked Wii?
Yes restoring the nand dump should take it back & fix everything, but you will have to reinstall Priiloader once you do this method, because you probably didnt have Priiloader installed after this dump? You should always make regular dumps to avoid things like this happening again! If you go ahead with this i think you should run the new version of Pimp my wii find it here -
Pimp my wii v1.4
& the newest version of Priiloader v0.4 Rev78 too find that here -
Priiloader v0.4 Rev78
& hopefully you can start fresh again then?
cool.gif
Hope this helps

elimist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed priiloader after making the nand dump. I also remembered something just now: when I select load title in priiloader, it says "warning tmd size error *blah blah*". Anyway, i will not have access to my wii for a week.

elimist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, I can acess the hombrew channel from priiloader but most of my apps dont work. some apps like wiiexplorer just black screen. others have garbled colorful code dumps. dopmii loads to a black screen with "dop mii v12 svn *blah*" in a red bar at the top of the screen
edit: i also copied all the files on my sd to my pc, formatted with sd formatter, and then copied files back but I won't be able to test for a week.

elimist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a sign check report but it froze at ios 13 and I had to reboot.

"SignCheck 0.3b aka loveSexWii build report"
"Wii region", Usa
"Wii unique device id", 106499218

"IOS number", "Trucha bug", "Flash access", "Boot2 access", "Usb2.0 IOS tree"

"IOS250 (ver 65535)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Enabled
"IOS249 (ver 17)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Enabled
"IOS222 (ver 4)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS61 (ver 4890)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS60 (ver 6174)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS55 (ver 5406)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS53 (ver 5149)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS38 (ver 3610)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS37 (ver 3612)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS36 (ver 3351)", Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS35 (ver 3092)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS34 (ver 3091)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS33 (ver 2834)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS31 (ver 3092)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS28 (ver 1293)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS22 (ver 780)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS17 (ver 518)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS14 (ver 263)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"IOS13 (ver 16)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
probably wont help, but what happens if you use priiloader to make the system menu load from a different ios, like 249?

elimist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
probably wont help, but what happens if you use priiloader to make the system menu load from a different ios, like 249?
how do I do that? I never really used priiloader untill my wii bricked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou