Hacking I think Gateway killed my A9LH

sblast3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just found out that a New3DS cannot do a system transfer to an Old3DS. Fortunately, my friend is letting me borrow his hacked Old3ds and eShop account to do the transfer. Will have to buy the injection game again though.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I added a suggestion to the guide to add DSiWare hax back in just for NAND restores, and his comment was basically "or people could just not be stupid". Very rude if you ask me. Doesn't matter what someone has done for the scene, they don't have any excuse to be rude or condescending.

Reactions: Alex658

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just found out that a New3DS cannot do a system transfer to an Old3DS. Fortunately, my friend is letting me borrow his hacked Old3ds and eShop account to do the transfer. Will have to buy the injection game again though.
Just note that transferring will move all NNIDs from his 3DS to yours. And if you wait a week and transfer back, all NNIDs on yours will move to his. The only way to detangle them is to contact Nintendo after the fact.

Here's a link to the most recent version of the DSiWare injection downgrade page from the guide that is on archive.org: http://web.archive.org/web/20161214...ware-downgrade-(app-injection-and-second-3ds)

If I recall, one of the games on the DSiWare list page (Rytmik Rock Edition, IIRC) was removed for not working, so avoid that. Also, obviously, disregard the downloads that pertain to NFIRMs and do not use it to try to downgrade the NFIRM as that would obviously cause a brick requiring a hardmod to fix. Once inside of dgTool, simply restore your NAND backup to the most recent 11.2 or below NAND backup that you have for that 3DS.

And then, next time, either don't use Gateway, or make an EmuNAND for it. No way around it, unless they magically decide to add in basic FIRM protection like every other A9LH CFW.

Last edited by Cuphat,

henrytlh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
If I updated Gateway on my emunand(in case my bro accidentally click the update), will it do anything to my sysnand a9lh?

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I updated Gateway on my emunand(in case my bro accidentally click the update), will it do anything to my sysnand a9lh?
no as far as I know your sysnand won't be affected if you triple check that your only updating emunand updating your gateway emunand will brick the emunand because Gateway still does not support 11.3

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
If you have emunand then your sysnand will be fine. And emunand won't "brick", it just won't boot, you can temporarily use luma/rei with 11.3 emunand while waiting for GW update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1