Gaming I think BoTW takes place AoL, here's why

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't rocket science, if it is following current canon the presence of the
Twilight mirror
and references to those events place it in that timeline.
The Mirror of Twilight does not appear in Breath of the Wild.

However, Princess Zelda does indeed appear to reference the events of Twilight Princess while she's going over the history of the Master Sword, apparently omitting events from other timelines. While I assume Breath of the Wild takes place in the Child timeline long after Twilight Princess for this reason alone, you can read my post above for possible problems with this evidence.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what you guys are basing the idea that a particular object isn't the Mirror of twilight but there is also the Arbiters Grounds

http://imgur.com/IDeilNT
The circular object in Breath of the Wild is a stone tablet created in the 10,000-year offscreen history before the events of the game. It was created after the creation of the shrines and other advanced Sheikah technologies, which is long after the Mirror of Twilight. We know this because it has inscriptions on it about the shrine.

As I've already mentioned, the presence of the ruins of Arbiter's Grounds isn't evidence for timeline placement. Arbiter's Grounds could exist in any timeline. In fact, it has been confirmed that the scene in which Ganondorf is imprisoned in the Twilight Realm by the remaining five sages was only several years after the events of Ocarina of Time, meaning Arbiter's Grounds likely existed before the timeline split even happened.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. I think Breath of the Wild does take place in the Child timeline. However, the stone monument (not mirror) and the ruins of Arbiter's Grounds aren't evidence. You should see my post above for actual evidence.

Last edited by Lacius,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.