Hacking I think Akaio broke my Acekard 2

Orusaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Anyway, so I figured I was gonna try this Akaio firmware, but it wouldn't work. The DS wouldn't recognize the cart with the Akaio firmware on it. So, I though whatever, and I loaded the original firmware back on, and nope, still won't recognize the cart.

Bottom line, beware people, it seems the firmware is capable of breaking carts. It could be a coincidence, but I did test it with the original firmware before I loaded it with Akaio, so I know it broke upon trying to load that firmware.

It doesn't really matter for me, as my Acekard is just my back-up, but this might suck for others, if it's a common problem. I don't know. Thought I'd share anyway.

edit: I recant my statement. Upon loading a different cart, and then trying the AceKard 2 again, it loaded. Still won't load with Akaio, though. So, I don't know what kjind of funny business is going on to make the cart not function with the original firmware again, until I've booted a different card. Because I just tested again, and sure enough. Regular firmware: works. Put Akaio on: doesn't recognize the cart. Put normal firmware back on: doesn't recognize the cart. Boot another cart, then boot the acekard with regular firmware: boots. Truly wierd.

edit 2: Okay, so after some more tests, I have decided this is probably just my Acekard2 dying. I can't get it to boot now at all. Probably the frail build. Nevertheless, it's weird, as I've only had it for a few months, and I've never actually used it beyond putting firmware and a game on the card and checked if it worked. Oh well, guess I know what brand I won't get as a back-up next time.

Orusaka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Dude, I think you're actually right. I tried really pushing it in there, and it booted again, even with Akaio, so we can certainly scratch that as any part in this. It seems that it is the pins issue, and comparing to my other carts, the AceKard certainly has a lot shorter pins. I can't see myself opening it to fix a back-up, but I guess that solves this mystery. I must simply have been lucky, or pushed really hard the times I've tested it in the past.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Orusaka said:
Dude, I think you're actually right. I tried really pushing it in there, and it booted again, even with Akaio, so we can certainly scratch that as any part in this. It seems that it is the pins issue, and comparing to my other carts, the AceKard certainly has a lot shorter pins. I can't see myself opening it to fix a back-up, but I guess that solves this mystery. I must simply have been lucky, or pushed really hard the times I've tested it in the past.
Probably, I hope the new ones are of better quality. I just bought one
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: