Hacking I switched from gateway to a9lh, i need my saves

tuugberk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed a9h+luma. I was using gateway before.Can i recruit the save files in the gateway? I had .3ds and .cia games installed into it. I've backed its sd card before installing a9h(there is a guide in the forum but it involves using gateway emunand and i dont really wanna install an emunand)

Another question, i had another sd card (i didnt install luma3ds into this) and it had a .cia game savefile. It was a legit copy from e-shop. Can i recruit its savefile?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You can use jksm to extract saves from your gateway cart. Works well, there is another way (iirc) but this works.
2. you should be able to decrypt the save on the old sd card using decrypt9.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I installed a9h+luma. I was using gateway before.Can i recruit the save files in the gateway? I had .3ds and .cia games installed into it. I've backed its sd card before installing a9h(there is a guide in the forum but it involves using gateway emunand and i dont really wanna install an emunand)

Another question, i had another sd card (i didnt install luma3ds into this) and it had a .cia game savefile. It was a legit copy from e-shop. Can i recruit its savefile?

First question; https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/ credits you @MattKimura

Question two; did you export said save file? If so, you can import it with JKSM.

tuugberk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That tutorial includes using gateway emunand.I don't really wanna do that. Is there a way around it?

I don't know how. That game and its save file was in another sd card and i didnt touch that.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That tutorial includes using gateway emunand.I don't really wanna do that. Is there a way around it?

I don't know how. That game and its save file was in another sd card and i didnt touch that.
load up your game, then boot jksm and extract the save from the cart. Do this for all of your games.

JKSM can't extract data from GW save as it's encrypted?
I dumped my acnl save with jksm and injected it into cia just fine.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
load up your game, then boot jksm and extract the save from the cart. Do this for all of your games.

You misunderstood, that's from cart, I mean the gateway saves themselves.. they're encrypted in .sav format, the tutorial I linked is for the purpose OP asked..

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You misunderstood, that's from cart, I mean the gateway saves themselves.. they're encrypted in .sav format, the tutorial I linked is for the purpose OP asked..
I don't misunderstand. I booted acnl on my gateway cart, and then I dumped the save from the cart with jksm. I then injected said save into a cia.

Certain games are card2 type games, where the save file is stored inside the cartridge. In our case, the save is stored inside the rom itself. Games like Pokemon XY/ORAS, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Tomodachi Life, Zelda Tri Force Heroes are card2 games. They don't produce a .sav file on the SD card like card1 games.
To export card2 saves, carry on by selecting the rom then using JK Save Manager to export the cartridge's save. Then import the save in SD/Cia.
I guess it only works with card2 games. That's why it worked for me, won't work for OP as I'm sure he wants more than just card2.

I was partially mistaken.

Last edited by x65943,
Reactions: proflayton123

tuugberk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Again, doesn't this method include using the gateway? I don't want to install gateway, isn't there another way?

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, but this method includes only .3ds game right? The .cia games that were installed on gateway, how do i acces them?

I'm new to the scene btw so every little bit of help is appreciated
if you still have your emunand backup from when you were using gateway, you should be able to extract/decrypt your saves using decrypt9.

tuugberk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you still have your emunand backup from when you were using gateway, you should be able to extract/decrypt your saves using decrypt9.
I've backed everything from the old gateway sd card into my pc. So do i put them back into the existing sd card now?

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've backed everything from the old gateway sd card into my pc. So do i put them back into the existing sd card now?
boot the gw emunand using a9lh and simply extract the saves from the cia using jksm.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you can dump your gateway .sav's with jksm. its tedious but can be done

example - yoshis wooly world
put sd card in pc

take the save 00040000001A4100.sav - (NOTE this is yoshis wooly world save, others will be different)

rename that to 000400000FF40A00.sav

reinsert sd into ds, boot gateway, open the game so it show up just dont launch it

then extract save with jksm or sdf

then you can import it to cia

Last edited by DarkCrudus,
Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey