I still don't get cBOOT2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Slowking, May 31, 2009.

May 31, 2009

I still don't get cBOOT2 by Slowking at 6:38 AM (950 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Slowking
    OP

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Can somebody explain to me how cBOOT2 works and what it does exactly? Ive been looking around but it jsut gets more and more confusing. Wiigator didn't really explain it in his blog all that good...
    From what I understand I'm pretty sure with it and the new cIOS installer you could install cIOS completely legally (not that anybody here gives a damn but it would be a nice feature) even on LU64+ Wiis. If I just understood how that damn thing works...

2. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Okay, the installer takes files extracted from a boot2 wad and bits of IOS36 and packs them into an armboot.bin along with whatever code WiiGator wrote which is launched by BootMii. The result is that you have a small cIOS running right from your SD card (not installed to your Wii) for a custom Wad Manager to run off of. This is handy especially for the LU64+ crowd on 4.0 since this lets them install a cIOS without having a trucha-bugged IOS on the system.

3. Slowking
    OP

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    thx. Is there somewhere a step by step tutorial on how to do this? I couldn't find one that was understandable.