Hardware I somehow got my hands on a EDEV Switch unit... What to do with it?

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
He can't do anything with, it's almost impossible to run this on a Normal Version Switch, since the different Keys (Dev Units use Master_Key_0. Unless you Patch Boot0 etc. Also it is just a "boring" switch I guess, with no DevMenu and to enable DevMenu you require the SDK :] which no one have.

Also the "Apps" people call for, not working propperly on a Normal Switch. There are a few small apps that can be run, but no DevMenu etc. at all.

So, bascially if he bought it off Ebay without DevMenu he wasted a lot of money.

Last edited by ehnoah,

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you have a lawyer and some good financial backup plan... this is getting big and chances are Nintendo is going to take action.
Nintendo can only take action if he signed an NDA, which he did not as he bought it from a third party. The original owner violated the NDA document and is the one who should be worried.

Reactions: Centergaming

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendo can only take action if he signed an NDA, which he did not as he bought it from a third party. The original owner violated the NDA document and is the one who should be worried.

But he is sharing (c) material on the inter webs with keys and everything... I can't believe they can not do anything against that?

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He released the first Linux for Switch though ? So why wouldn't he release his work with the devkit ?

He didn't, it was fail0verfl0w. (He is not associated with that group btw)

He made a video showing off to the public that he got Linux running on his own, this was before Switch-linux was released...

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cannot post links, but: shinyquagsire23/Switch-Linux @ github
And isn't he a famous Yuzu contributor too ?

He contributed to Yuzu but I don't think it was his project, he worked together with someone else... Shiny just used fail0verfl0ws code and made it a bit better. He released it after fail0verfl0w released there's.

Last edited by Centergaming,
D

Deleted-452294

(nvm he did)... Shiny just used fail0verfl0ws code and made it a bit better. He released it after fail0verfl0w released there's.
He was the one who implemented controllers in Yuzu though. And his u-boot was released before anyone else's

D

Deleted-452294

I don't think that's true that his u-boot was released before anyone elses...
I don't know why you are so obstinate, but it was. If you don't believe me, just check it yourself. People on this website were using it and talking about it before fail0verflow's, as far as I remember.

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why you are so obstinate, but it was. If you don't believe me, just check it yourself. People on this website were using it and talking about it before fail0verflow's, as far as I remember.

You seriously need to look up information. fail0verfl0w's switch-linux was first and Shiny went on to use their code because it was open-sourced.

My point is, is that he is not going to make open-sourced projects with the EDEV if he had it. I don't know why you're obstinate. (Next time, do your research before you say "If you don't believe me")

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 3.21.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 3.21.50 PM.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 447
Last edited by Centergaming,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, no