Hacking I softmodded my dad's Wii waaay back, he wants to play GCN backups.

The Frenchman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know he could use USB Loader GX and nintendont, thing is he wants to burn discs...

I know in the past I used CMIOS to achieve that, though when installing it in his Wii, it'll see a GCN disc but return to health warning and reset once you enters the game.

I tried following old guides, reinstalled IOS 56 and 57 as 249 and 250 with all patches and everything... still not working.

at first I blamed it on his discs, I tested them in my modchipped Wii and it read just fine, he told me he burnt the PAL versions so I checked his priiloader settings/hacks and Region Free is enabled for GC and Wii, tried my legit PAL wii Punch Out!! and it worked in his NTSC Wii...

Last time I had to touch his Wii was to enable New Mario Wii to work more than 5 minutes.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Drives are subject to wear and tear. A launch Wii is more than 10 years old. It wouldn't be surprised if the drive were dead.
To test, simply swap your drive with his and see.
Anyway, even if the drive is still working, it won't last long. USB loading is the way to go.

The Frenchman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
USB isn't the way to go... My Wii is 2006 launch day and still plays dual layered dvds like Smash brawl Flawlessly, his is in incredible shape. looks new.

The drive hasn't failed, it reads my original GCN games flawlessy as it does all Wii discs too. Only GCN backup refuse to work.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you didnt know, nintendont can actually load burned discs if you are on a wii with a drive that supports it ;) just make a "games" folder on a sd and insert it, and when in nintendont you select "sd" the first option will be to boot the disc in drive. also you can enable memory card emulation in nintendont to have saving handled on that sd directly then while the game still runs off a disc.

Reactions: The Frenchman

The Frenchman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you didnt know, nintendont can actually load burned discs if you are on a wii with a drive that supports it ;) just make a "games" folder on a sd and insert it, and when in nintendont you select "sd" the first option will be to boot the disc in drive. also you can enable memory card emulation in nintendont to have saving handled on that sd directly then while the game still runs off a disc.

Thank you sir I will be doing that very soon!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2