I seriously can't find the root of my Netflix issue...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MarcusRaven, Jan 4, 2011.

1. MarcusRaven
    OP

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    I've tried to get information on this before, to no avail. This is most likely my last attempt. I have a strange issue when I quit out of certain software titles, Netflix most notably. The software runs fine, but when I quit to the system menu I get the "System files are corrupt" message. I have tried a good number of things for fix this, and I still can't find an answer. It happens when I quit Netflix everytime, and it also happened when I quit out of the WiiWare titles Manic Monkey Mayhem, Frobot, and Violin Paradise. (There are a few others, but those are the ones I remember.) Usually when I shut the Wii down for a couple of minutes it works itself out and I can use the system again.

I've tried reinstalling specific IOS files, reinstalling the problem software, and I just tried a complete remod with ModMii. Nothing worked.

I install all of my stuff with IOS 249 Rev 20. Could this be part of the issue? (Even tough it works with everything else I've installed.) Should I try 236? (The patched 36 that installed with ModMii.)

The only other thing I can think of is the fact that I have a black system menu theme installed, but the fact that the conflict is only with a couple of titles makes this seems unlikely to me.

Is there no way of finding out what the Wii looks at during a return to the system menu that might show what this issue is caused by? In all of our hacking advancement, I hope this gets figured out. Any information and suggestions are welcome.

4.3U, btw, but this happened on 4.2U as well.

EDIT: I might have just fixed it myself! My thought on installing with 236 worked for Frobot. It went right back to the system menu without issue. I'm going to try it with Netflix now. I'll edit when I have my results.

EDIT2: Well, seems to quit just fine. I can't test it with prolonged use because today was the day they decided to cut off our service for it. My wife gets paid tomorrow, so once I'm back on with it, I'll post my prolonged test results. So far, everything seems to work fine though.

EDIT: Yeah, so even in just loading it up and quitting out of it, it gave me the "system files corrupted" message again. I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of. Is there no way to see what the Wii does when it quits this channel? What it looks at, what it checks, when it runs, reads, writes, anything? This is driving me crazy and I need to know why I can't fix it!

I'm even getting paranoid and thinking it might be the region free save files I have for the Japanese Phoenix Wright games (2 and 3). But those are region freed, so they shouldn't be an issue, right? Am I seriously the only person with this issue? (Its what it feels like.)

2. Dravial

Newcomer Dravial Member

United States
    Has anyone been able to sort this one out? I am having the exact same problem with netflix (channel based from system menu) on a 4.2U using the 249[56] & 250[57] d2xv6.

3. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I had the same problem for awhile, my uncle is stationed in japan an sent me the mario 25th ann. i ripped it to hd. made a channel an every thing. after awhile every time i would load a game no matter what it was i would get the block with the? saying loading. can't explain it any other way. it was like the mario game was possessing my wii.(time to do an exorcism). so i deleted every thing to do with the game an every thing went away. so you might want to try that. just back every thing up to a different sd card or computer. an see what happens.

4. Dravial

Newcomer Dravial Member

United States
    I have no other issues with any other programs or games or anything at all that are installed. Only Netflix. Every time I exit Netflix back to system menu screen, I get the corrupt file message. We just installed Netflix on it no more then a month ago (cable getting too pricey), and have a legit account and I believe installed it via the shop channel. I have not actually powered off from Netflix and booted back up, so I do not know if experience a system files corrupt screen in that fashion, just that I get it every time I exit back to system menu.
    You are suggesting Mario 25th is causing this problem? I have that game, however I have no channels for it installed or anything else - simply the game backed up to USB hdd is all.

5. shortz1994

United States
    For me mine was the problem still not sure why. mine was the japan version of the game, i got mine a few weeks before it hit the us. even though i have priiloader set to region free, it still caused problems an still not sure why. but since removing it, i have not had the issue anymore. have you ran an update using modmii? not through Nintendo.! one test would be to remove the channel an see if you have the same issue. if not then it would be the channel. if so then one of your files are messed up, an you would need to go through them to find the one thats causing the problem.

6. Dravial

Newcomer Dravial Member

United States
    Not sure I follow you. I do not have the NTSC-J version, I have the NTSC version of Mario 25th, also, if I remove the Netflix channel I am absolutely sure this would remove the problem as I would no longer be able to watch Netflix LOL. I am not using any region free stuff, all mine is local - I may have priiloader set to region free everything, but that's it.

EDIT: I also ran mod mii like 2 weeks ago to get the new d2xv6 cios wads. I should be up to date.

7. shortz1994

United States
    is this the channel from the shop channel or was this a wad? i have the wad for this channel, though i don't use netflix. was going to but decided not to. so it's just sitting on my laptop. if you want to try it. i can give you the link to mediafire, an you can try. also if you did get the channel from the shop then you can always redownload it. if it is a wad you might want to try the shop channels if they have it. this is a custom made channel, that i have not using it. it works. Netflix NTSC-U.wad.. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NMBJO8ZE
    just load this in your wad manager.

8. Dravial

Newcomer Dravial Member

United States
    I stated above it was from shop channel - or I said I thought, but I did not install it via wad manager so I don't know how else either my wife or I installed it (I don't remember which one of us did - by the time we deal with our 4 kids and get them off to bed and actually have time to sit in front of the damn thing, we are exhausted lol...). Anyway, pretty sure it was from shop channel - actually now that I think about it, we signed up on the website, then followed the directions it gave to set it up on the wii... I will try uninstalling/re-installing via shop channel and see what happens.
    Also, thanks for the upload but I already grabbed the wad from another post from a search somewhere in case I needed it.

9. BlazeOnDeck

Newcomer BlazeOnDeck Newbie

United States
    I was having netflix problems for a while too, but i stumbled across a wad (thanks mauifrog) Netflix Channel v1 USA, i had cios 236 installed prior to installing the wad, afterwards i installed Ios56-64-v5146 (thanks to liorbm87 via wii hacks for this one) (which is the ios netflix runs under) note that i wont touch the netflix channel until the whole process is complete. So after i install the Netflix wad first then the ios and the Netflix channel, I boot it up and it will load and ask you to put in an access code via Netflix.com/activate so have that booted up on a laptop or something already logged-in after that process is complete the Netflix worked good as new.

EDIT: I am using softmodded wii 3.2u so i would imagine it would work on ur version as well...Cheers!
    Also the system menu theme would have nothing to do with the problem i would imagine, and you could be having the system error if you have priiloader hacks enabled or if darkcorp/cioscorp is installed if so i would uninstall if the above guide fails..Good Luck!

RE-EDIT:Took down the ios link due to forum rules (I'm new here [​IMG]), sent it to you via pm

10. Dravial

Newcomer Dravial Member

United States
    Thanks, that is the wad I downloaded I stated in the previous post. I did not install that wad nor check the status of my ios56 - I will do that and update this post (Which will be a while as my wife and daughter just started a movie [​IMG]), thanks for the scoop. [​IMG]

EDIT: Yeah the movie didn't take two days, I just got busy with work [​IMG] - My IOS56 is version 4662 (The link you sent me was dead, but a Google search yielded the desired results) - which is a higher version, I wanted to double check before I roll it back as I am going to assume this is what modmii gave me - and for a reason. Let me know your thoughts on that, thanks.