Hacking I seem to have a bricked G6 Lite

CambridgeGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys! Merry Christmas!

Today, I got the lovely present of a G6 Lite. At first it seemed fine, I'd copied about four DS games to it and they all worked fine. Then, I tried copying Metroid Prime Hunters to it, and there was an error halfway through. (Some sort of runtime error, though I can't remember all the details) The G6 was no longer accessible and the light on the "burner" had gone off. I unplugged it and put it back into my PC. I tried to navigate the drive thru My Computer and it just crashed. So, i tried formatting it. Towards the end of the formatting process, I just got the message "Windows cannot complete the format process." (or something along those lines) Now, the G6 isn't even recognised at all! When I try to go into the drive, it just says "Please insert a disk into drive H:". When I plug it into my DS, it's as if it's not there. It just goes to the DS's system menu. What can I do? Is it totally bricked? Should I just send it back to the retailer? Or is there hope for it yet?

If anyone could offer me any advice, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

zatelli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi guys! Merry Christmas!

Today, I got the lovely present of a G6 Lite. At first it seemed fine, I'd copied about four DS games to it and they all worked fine. Then, I tried copying Metroid Prime Hunters to it, and there was an error halfway through. (Some sort of runtime error, though I can't remember all the details) The G6 was no longer accessible and the light on the "burner" had gone off. I unplugged it and put it back into my PC. I tried to navigate the drive thru My Computer and it just crashed. So, i tried formatting it. Towards the end of the formatting process, I just got the message "Windows cannot complete the format process." (or something along those lines) Now, the G6 isn't even recognised at all! When I try to go into the drive, it just says "Please insert a disk into drive H:". When I plug it into my DS, it's as if it's not there. It just goes to the DS's system menu. What can I do? Is it totally bricked? Should I just send it back to the retailer? Or is there hope for it yet?

If anyone could offer me any advice, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

I remember having had a similar problem with mine, try formatting the cart with the Maintenance Utility provided with your G6 or download it from handheld sources.
If you've got a 4Gb cart, the process should roughly take 10 mins. Once it's done, fire up G6 manager & try a game or two. It's garanteed to work that way.
I think plugging the U-disk into a usb port for too long causes this issue. Make sure to remove it as soon as as you're done burning your binaries.

CambridgeGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried the maintenance utility thing and it just says access denied. It really is as if the cart's not there at all. The same things happen if u just plug the "burner" in without the G6 in it.

QUOTE said:

And this can't be used, cos to do this u have to access the G6 from your DS. I can't even do that. When I plug it into my DS, it's as if it's not there. It goes to the DS menu and says "There is no Game Pak inserted".

Any more ideas...?

Thanks

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
im not saying this is whats wrong with it but when i had a gba flash card the first day i got it i pulled the cable out half way trhough the process because it crashed instead of turning it off at the wall and it broke my ez powerstar sois that what you done maybe thats whet happend. i dont knwo how the g6 works lol :-p hope you get it fixed

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lol yeah mess with it you will find a way to make it work , the first day i was having a hardtime with it , it was ridiculous lol. Keep working hard and it will work.

PS: at first i was sure that it was bricked too. I did the Maintence thing and it worked.

CambridgeGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried everything. It's going back. I must congratulate cheapmod.net (who it was bought from), they were very quick replying and saying they'll replace it
smile.gif

junfeng85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
fiddle with the connections a little bit. Mine needs some adjustment until the blue light appears. Dont format it to FAT32. Use FAT 16. Hope this helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up