gosp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I got the rumbleram pack with my M3 instead of the GBA expansion.

What's the best/cheapest solution to remedy this situation?

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
You can always get the GBA Expansion separately.

smile.gif

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
a stanalone GBA Expansion Pack comes with replacement shells rarely available in the perfect bundle, so all you have practically done is wasted a little money on RAM in the Rumble Pak.
I myself bought the Rumble RAM pack and the GBA Expansion seperately myself, as it was only €5 more than rumble+GBA, which in turn was €.05 less than the perfect bundle (complicated stuff if your supplier of choice cannot get his prices right), thinking that it would not hurt to have additional RAM on the Rumble Pak, not knowing that the Rumble Pack sucked even worse than the 3in1 and that the Rumble RAM RAM is barely usable for anything but Opera, including Sakura, which only detects 2 MB, although the Rumble RAM Pack should supply at least 8MB, as the Browser expects that much, for the official Memory Expansion Pack supplies 8 MB, and DSLinux, which detects 32 MB and obviously fails, and now this sentence is extremely long and I do not want to end it yet and so I write on and on and on.

freakazaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lucky me, i got the gba replacement shells with my perfect bundle (including one that'll fit on a ds phat)

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the EZ-Flash V 3in1 works as RAM and GBA expansion with 3rd party tools, however then the M3 Real was a bad choice, since the greatest feature it has over the competition is the GBA enhanced mode and GBA RTC, which only work properly with the M3 Exansion PAck. The others do not have a clock at all and come with less SRAM. This will be problematic once you try to use Real-time save, as it requires large quantities of SRAM (think three games with Flash1M save), which the eWin pack will not handle as with just the save file itself and some information about the current save, it is FULL.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah, basically if you got yourself M3 Real, you should get M3 GBA expansion, because it's the best combination you can get from M3 Real..

If you decide to use some other cart, then you get 3-in-1..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: GM all