falcon64z8

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am requesting there should be a .DPG section where users can upload their .dpg movie, music videos, etc. no adult movies of course, unless you mods care, but im not for it... Anyways, we need a section like that because gba-tmw is such a small community and lately im not feeling the vibe over there. We have such a large community here and at gbatemp I believe there would be a much more variety in the content that us GBA-Temp users can have access to. So make it like where users can only have access to download, thus whoever wanted to download they can join, in which increase our community even greater!

So there you have, what does everyone thinks?

wepoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
At the end of the day, sharing movies is an infringement of copyright law. It doesn't matter if it's in dpg, avi, mpg, DVD or VHS.

YOU CAN NOT LEGALY SHARE COPYRIGHTED MOVIES!

gbatemp is a nice clean site that has a pleasent community. Lets keep it going by not breaking laws.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We can't post links or directly host any kind of illegal material including movies. So no, we can't have a .dpg section.

falcon64z8

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, this idea has been shot down early

Just like the Spartans I have hope and just like them in that infamous battle I was defeated.... But don't worry guys this not the end here, this topic is not yet over.

Jumpman, this site pretty much help people in piracy, who the hell would buy a flashcart for homebrew? Rhetorical question do not answer...

/end rant

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
1. It'd take too much Bandwidth

2. Legality Potentially problematic

3. Spartans are cowards

besides, its easier to convert movies from other formats, as dpg isn't really a format which i'd keep my movies in permanently.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
What the hell did I do. What would you rather do OSW, stay on a sinking ship or leave before it sinks. By the way at the Battle of Thermopylae 300 spartans fought to the death against 300,000 to 500,000 persians. They were killed of by the persain in hail of arrows because the persians were to scared to face the in hand to hand combat. 5000+ Greeks lost to the persians but they inflicted 20000 kills, which doesnt sound like much but it dettered the persians. The Spartans blocked a path that would allow the Persians to cross through to Athens,Sparta,Platea,etc. You think there cowards after they gave their lives for the good of their country

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What the hell did I do. What would you rather do OSW, stay on a sinking ship or leave before it sinks. By the way at the Battle of Thermopylae 300 spartans fought to the death against 300,000 to 500,000 persians. They were killed of by the persain in hail of arrows because the persians were to scared to face the in hand to hand combat. 5000+ Greeks lost to the persians but they inflicted 20000 kills, which doesnt sound like much but it dettered the persians. The Spartans blocked a path that would allow the Persians to cross through to Athens,Sparta,Platea,etc. You think there cowards after they gave their lives for the good of their country
fascist.

At least i'm not the only one
biggrin.gif

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's illegal, which is against GBATemp policy, GBA The Movie Way already exists (basically, what everyone else said).

By the way at the Battle of Thermopylae 300 spartans fought to the death against 300,000 to 500,000 persians. They were killed of by the persain in hail of arrows because the persians were to scared to face the in hand to hand combat.

More like 100 000, still no easy task, but far from the 1 000 000 figure that's usually thrown around (or 500 000 in this case).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol