Hacking i regret what i did but i think is the problem because of tha

xGRUMPYx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow man why didnt i listen to the people not to mess with changin themes on the wii.. well my problem is that today i change my menu theme to a dark theme and yes i got the right one.. but ever since i did it my wii shuts off when my external hardrive is plug in.. if i dont it wont shut off, to be more specific the only way to plug in my hardrive is to do it when my wii is already ON, besides that i get random (system files corrupted) could that be the problem that wii wii keeps shutting off? can i fix it? also how do i go back to my original wii theme menu??? can anyone help??? will a syscheck help to help u guys to figure the problem? THANKS IN ADVANCED

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Changing the theme on your Wii should'nt present you with these problems you have.
Make sure you have priiloader and or bootmii 2v3 installed when changing Wii themes.
Did you install a .csm file, app, or Full system menu?

Also make sure the theme\ system menu is for your region.
I reallythink your HDD is the problem, as official Nintendo IOS can't acces the USB drive.
Therefore make sure you cIOS are up to date.
You can get all files ( including the original System menu theme with the help of modmii.
Look for it in the hacking stickies and ask questions there about the program.

xGRUMPYx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found my nand backup everything works great, but i still dont know whats causing the wii to immediately shut off as soon as i turn it on when my hdd is plug in, the only way to use my hdd is to plug it in when is already on, the hdd works fine on my laptop, also if i unplug it from the outlet while the usb is connected to the while it turns on just fine put if i plug it n turn it on it shuts off, has anyone ever had this problem? BTW thanks for the replies and for trying to help out..

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Your HDD must have some kind of power issue when connected to the Wii.
Maybe it's incompatible, try a different HDD.

Hard to tell without a "hands on" of your Wii setup.

xGRUMPYx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: DAMN all of a sudden my wii doesnt read disc anymore.. whats going on? maybe is my wii after all??? it tries to read it and it saids disc error... maybe a ios issue?? my games are clean no scratches ect..

xGRUMPYx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
xGRUMPYx said:
JoostinOnline said:
What error? Is it a blue screen?

nope, when i put the disc the disc logo starts spining on the disc channel then i get a "unable to read disc''

Are you referring to original discs? or Copies?

actually both, the disc channel could of read most of my copies, first i thought my copies were damaged even though they aint lol. then i tried the originals then my gamecube discs but no luck, i also noticed that when i put the disc inside the wii it doesnt even spin.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xGRUMPYx said:
Hielkenator said:
xGRUMPYx said:
JoostinOnline said:
What error? Is it a blue screen?

nope, when i put the disc the disc logo starts spining on the disc channel then i get a "unable to read disc''

Are you referring to original discs? or Copies?

actually both, the disc channel could of read most of my copies, first i thought my copies were damaged even though they aint lol. then i tried the originals then my gamecube discs but no luck, i also noticed that when i put the disc inside the wii it doesnt even spin.

So did you have darkcorp installed?
Did you use a Nintendo Wii lens cleaning kit yet?

xGRUMPYx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEW UPDATE!!!!!!!!! JUST FIX IT! I DISASSEMBLE THE WII AND FOUND A LITTLE SMALL PIECE OF METAL STUCK ON THE LASER! ONCE I SAW IT WHAT A RELIEF! THATS WHATS BEEN CAUSING THE DISC NOT TO SPIN AND THE WII SHUTTING OFF! THANKS EVERYONE!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...