yuyuyup

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've played this game reasonably thoroughly and decided to look up the requirements for 100%. I was shocked to see the sobering accomplishments that must be done. Caution: there is one spoiler (hint: if you played galaxy 1, it's no big deal.) I try to find things out for myself in games, but I'm glad I researched before I went deeper into attempting to reach 100%.

You must beat ALL LEVELS with BOTH Mario and Luigi. Damn.

You must get golden flags on every level. Edited, there is indication, just get them all on the Luigi run, like I will do.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
They 'respawn' daily. So just put the game down for today, and check back tommorow. There will surely be a new one that appears.

Or, datehax!

alexbulluk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
I'm nearly 100% now. Got all the Star Coins and Golden Flagpoles on my first playthrough, so now I'm just replaying it all as Luigi.

I've got about 5 special worlds left now before I finish it again. I was expecting doing it all again to be a real pain, but I've actually loved it. The levels in SM3DL are awesome, and I could play all of 'em hundreds of times without getting bored.

D

Deleted_171835

I suppose to really 100% it, you have to also have shiny stars in your profile. They'll come as long as you don't end up getting the 'Special Tanooki' suit to appear.

I already got it to appear but I'm not going to go through the whole game again.

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
What's the maximum number of star coins you can get(including the street pass challenge ones), I have 312 so far.

You can get 322 Star Coins in game without streetpassing anyone. You will get new star coins in the old mystery boxes if the box was from a streetpass tag!
Other than the 5 save file stars, it seems that you can made the 5 stars glitter if you Never have the Super/Help Item Blocks appear: Never die five or more times in a row on any level. The Super/Help Item is the invincible tanooki suit.
So far I have completed the entire game with all 5 glittering save file stars...currently trying to get best time as low as possible! :P

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 5 shiny stars and completed S8-Crown with only 305 coins. Died 34 times total with no help from "help blocks?". Does does count as 100%? I have 0 streetpass for this game.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I had the Special Tanooki Suit appear once, but I didn't use it. Yet, my file is still plagued with no shine. Damn. Oh, well. I've already started my second playthrough, 100%-ed the first 8 Worlds, and they're the only ones the Special Tanooki suit shows up in, right? There were plenty of times during the special worlds where the Special Tanooki suit could've shown up but didn't. So I have high hopes for playthrough 2.

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The special Tanooki Suit appeared some times for me.
I also used it once, in the final Bowser battle. I didn't finish with it (Still beat him with my own skills) but the reason I used it was because I was really annoyed by one certain camera angle. When you must run up all those crumbling blocks, there is one point you just can't see where to go. One place looks like it, but you can't jump high enough. And when the floor is falling beneath you, you can't go on some simple exploring.
And the part where you have to run beneath Bowser when he jumps was quite annoying, since after you dodged a fireball, you're sometimes just a little too far away to make it without getting hit.

alexbulluk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Man that is bullshit you can't let the boxes even appear. I guess shiny stars don't mean anything, but if Miyamoto ever swings on by and demands to examine my save file, I'm gonna be pissed

Well if you let the box appear it means you died 5 times on the level. The shiny stars = less than 5 deaths on each level.

yuyuyup

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man that is bullshit you can't let the boxes even appear. I guess shiny stars don't mean anything, but if Miyamoto ever swings on by and demands to examine my save file, I'm gonna be pissed

Well if you let the box appear it means you died 5 times on the level. The shiny stars = less than 5 deaths on each level.
Yeah man, you die a ton hunting down elusive coins. This restriction is telling people you must reload your save every 5 deaths or no shiny. What's the point ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: