I recieved a Gateway 3DS but have no idea how to make it work.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TomiWasTaken, Dec 3, 2016.

1. TomiWasTaken
    OP

TomiWasTaken Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2016
    Italy
    Okay so first of all, hi! English is not my first language so sorry in advance for crappy grammar etc. -w-
    Also, this is the first time I write on a forum so I don't even know if this is the right place to write something like this at all. xD
    Now, I'll explain my situation.

More or less recently, a relative of mine passed away, and someway I ended up with his 3ds. He had the blue and the red Gateway cards and got the red card all set up and working.
    The problem is, when a couple days ago I got his 3ds, I noticed that the red card wouldn't launch (yep, I'm pressing the L button while turning it on) and since I am a complete noob in this field I have no idea what I should do.
    Is there some way to fix this? Should I just wipe everything away and do everything from scratch? Can I even do that? Is there a guide that could explain a noob like me every single thing I have to do? HELP??? >_<

2. rikumax25!

rikumax25! Keyblade Wielder

Apr 21, 2016
    Costa Rica
    3ds.guide check out this guide to install CFW to later load gateway as a payload

3. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    for a start what firmware is on your 3ds on?

to check go to system settings > on the top screen on the bottom right it writes the version.

im getting the feeling she has no idea she is doing... that might be too much for her.

i could be wrong.

4. TomiWasTaken
    OP

TomiWasTaken Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2016
    Italy
    My firmware is 9.2.0-20E and no, I have no clue what I'm doing.

5. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    can you post the content of your sd card. a screen shot of it?

6. TomiWasTaken
    OP

TomiWasTaken Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2016
    Italy
    Here you go! And thanks for trying to help btw xD

Attached Files:

7. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    so did it worked what i told you?

if so you could automate it by doing menuhax... and not going to that website every time..

OR

another option would be what @rikumax25! told you to do... BUT read before hand. which is more of a solid hack and more future proof.

Last edited by Flame, Dec 3, 2016
  8. TomiWasTaken
    OP

TomiWasTaken Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2016
    Italy
    Oh no, I was just saying thank you. Actually I'm not really sure about going on the website you told me about... I remember my relative told me that I should have never turned on the wi-fi :/

9. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    He was saying that to make sure you don't accidentally update :P . The reason being if you did, your Gateway wouldn't work! But yeah I definitely recommend following that guide!

10. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Bangalore
    Follow the guide. You can turn WiFi on, but don't let it update from 9.20, this is the perfect version for any hack entry available for 3ds.

You can always ask for help on this forum if you're stuck at any point. This is the right place.