PS1/2 I recently reaquired Beatmania

Lost Racer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I finally found a Beatmania set for my PS1 again. It came with the orignal discs plus the 3rd and 5th append mixes and the Gotta Remix disc as well. The original game works fine. Unfortunately the 3rd append plus any later will not work on US modded ps1's. Does anyone know a way around this? I'd really like to try the other discs.

Thanks

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lost Racer said:
Well I finally found a Beatmania set for my PS1 again. It came with the orignal discs plus the 3rd and 5th append mixes and the Gotta Remix disc as well. The original game works fine. Unfortunately the 3rd append plus any later will not work on US modded ps1's. Does anyone know a way around this? I'd really like to try the other discs.

Thanks

using the swap disk original for copy approach may work
smile.gif
(loads of guides on google etc)

or a proper swap disk if you can get hold of one
smile.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why don't work?. Just the standard modchip detected etc ,or something else?. If it's just modchip detected , see if you can find patches for them to get rid of it , if not , then I'd just rip the chip out and fit a stealth mod. Code for them can be found on the net or they can be bought pretty cheap.

Lost Racer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a ModChip detected stop. NTSC-Jto NTSC wouldn't it be?

Its quite a bit old. I'll have to open the ps to see what chip it is. I found codes for a gameshark bypass. But that means I now I have to find a game shark..lol.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lost Racer said:
It was a ModChip detected stop. NTSC-Jto NTSC wouldn't it be?

Its quite a bit old. I'll have to open the ps to see what chip it is. I found codes for a gameshark bypass. But that means I now I have to find a game shark..lol.

try PAL > NTSC NTSC > PAL patcher ZAPPER 2000 patcher
smile.gif

image your disk and try patching the image file to pal or ntsc and see if it works
smile.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How exactly is patching the video mode going to get rid of the modchip detection?. Only thing that gets rid of that are patches designed to do so , GS/AR codes or using a stealth mod. Patching the video mode won't do a damn thing to the anti-mod protection.

I swear you people just post the first random piece of crap that comes into your head.

Lost Racer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Settle down.
smile.gif
Thanks. I found anti mod patches for the 5th append Mix and Gotta Remix. Still nothing on the 3rd. I was hoping I wouldn't have to image the discs. But I guess thats what it comes down to? IMG, patch and then burn?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure if there is one for the 3rd , I had a quick look earlier and couldn't see any. As for the patch , yes , just image the disc , patch it and burn. Jobs done
smile.gif

Tenkaichi

Trophies
Website
www.livejournal.com
XP
Country
United States
Stealth mod should work for everything later, I remember having 3rd, 5th, Club Mix and Best Hits and those worked. Used to have two modded ps1s but like you said, it's rather old (and needs to be turned upside down or on its side depending on which one it is)
wacko.gif

Lost Racer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got the 3rd mix to work. I can't get the patch for "Gotta Mix" to work. Then I couldn't find anything for the 5th mix. Still looking. Thanks again.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Might not be a patch for the 5th one. Pretty sure there are odd games here and there that never got patches. I'd just get stealth mod and be done with it ,they're only 8 wires and can picked up cheap enough or programmed yourself.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you have trouble running off the console, try using PC emulators? PSX emulators' performances are great, you just need a PS to USB adapter.

I play my IIDX on PC even though I have PS2 versions.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
he said it worked but was black and white to me this is regional issues not being able to force the AV channel on the TV!

hence the PAL > NTSC / NTSC > PAL patching fixes this issue!

for protected PS1 disks you must ... Use ALCOHOL 120% to read the original using PSX/PS1 SETTINGS and then burn using same settings ... the protection is in the SUBCHANNEL DATA!

the trick is to read it as a whole including SUBCHANNEL DATA and when you reburn to NOT REPAIR SUB CHANNEL DATA!

or use CLONE CD and again DO NOT REPAIR SUBCHANNEL DATA
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: