Hacking I really need help, a skin messed up my menu

jchen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i put on this red NES skin i found on a forum and the whole menu is black besides the rows for the games. I tried pressing start but the menu doesnt come up and it freezes. I tried deleting the skin, formating but it still shows nothing but black. Im on the latest akaio.

jchen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesnt work, the skin was for akRPG buts its compatible with AKi? Any way to reset the acekard?

jchen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i put the repack version instead and everything seems to be back at normal
closedeyes.gif

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
I had something like this happen a few times when I first loaded up on skins. You lose all access to the menu. What I did each time was copied the original __ak2 folder that I downloaded over the one on the card and that reset the skin so I could use the menu again. If I just removed the skin it would still be messed up.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Captain Cocoa said:
I had something like this happen a few times when I first loaded up on skins. You lose all access to the menu. What I did each time was copied the original __ak2 folder that I downloaded over the one on the card and that reset the skin so I could use the menu again. If I just removed the skin it would still be messed up.
Because that would replace the globalsettings.ini file, which I said to remove. Why does nobody listen.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
Captain Cocoa said:
Because that would replace the globalsettings.ini file, which I said to remove. Why does nobody listen.
I was simply stating what I did a couple weeks ago. From what I see your post was made yesterday, not weeks ago. Therefore you have no reason to complain about people not listening in response to my post. I can't see what you are going to say in the future.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
lacrymosa967 said:
Geez Donald, quit your bitching!! Just kidding!!
rolleyes.gif
XD ILU too.

I noticed that a skin I had that worked in the official Acekard firmware didn't work in AKAIO. It gave the same problem as before. But I fixed it just by opening it in a skin editor and saved it without touching anything. (I used Skin Editor for Acekard RPG and Acekard2 from the Acekard site's download section since it was on my computer from when I first went skin hunting.)
Really easy fix, I was thinking I'd have to edit something but I compared it with one of the AKAIO themes and everything seemed to mach. That theme the OP mentioned not working may be able to be fixed like this.
yaynds.gif

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what works for me whenever that happens is to copy a skin that works into the folder of the skin that doesn't work but keep the folders name the same.

Blythe31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Findecanno said:
what works for me whenever that happens is to copy a skin that works into the folder of the skin that doesn't work but keep the folders name the same.

that's a tad bit of an annoyance since you can possibly mix up your skins that way.
Easy way of fixing this is going to your __aio folder and open up globalsettings.ini via a simple text editor like notepad

You should see something like this..

[system]
hiddenFileNames = __aio,__ak2,__rpg,akmenu4.nds,_system_,moonshl,svsip
uiName = Soul Eater

Delete whatever skin that corrupted your AK. Then with your next desired skin, type in the file name under uiName.
As you can see, my current skin is labeled as Soul Eater, which is placed in the ui folder. Save the document with these changes and it will start with the skin you told the card to boot up.
smile.gif
hope that helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.