"I Quit! The dream is dead." Behind the screens of rage.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't even bring it up with me.
I remember when the PS3 YLOD'd on me, although that model was iffy to start with, the fan went off like mad.

My dad has that whe he got his Metal gear solid 4 60 GB Ps3, then he got a new one with 120GB and Batman Arkham city, I got the super slim 500GB With assassians creed 3 back in 2012, litterally days before the wii u was releasd.

I got the YLOD fixed..... temporarily, and my friends game got stuck inside of it. the console was deadd, no second chance, i was forced to buy new one cause i bought a year of playstation plus i didnt wanna waste.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One day me and my sister wanted to watch a DVD. Since the PC monitor I used back then was very small, we decided to use my TV with the old DVD-Player that lay dormant at least 3 years somewhere in my closet. The Player switched on and I could put the DVD in, and then the thing decided that it had enough and died right there on the spot. I had to pry open the DVD-Drive by other means to get the Disk back out. I think I used a pair of scisscors, maybe even a screw driver to pull out the DVD-Drive. While the Disk came out unharmed, I was still pissed. Our evening was ruined.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
My 3DS froze whilst playing Bravely Second with Gateway and i lost all the EXP from 2 hours of mindless repetitive grinding. My 3DS almost became an air-going vessel that day.

The MSI gaming laptop i purchased in thailand for $2500 has never worked peoperly from day one. It's almost been thrown out of a 4th story apartment window on more than one occasion.

Whilst flashing a NAND dump to one of my 3DSs via hardmod, i acidentally selected my external hard drive in win32diskimager and flashed the 1 GB 3DS NAND to it. All the data was unrecoverable. 10 years of pirated games, music, documents, resumes for work, everything all gone in the blink of an eye.

There's been heaps more, but the example above is the icing on the cake.....

Last edited by Deleted member 333767, , Reason: Spelling

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One day I was out and about with the fiancee. She asked for the time so I pulled my phone out to check. There was a weird notification in my system tray letting me know I had no card of some kind. I also had no service. "Oh" I thought, "my SIM card must have come loose somehow." Luckily we were in Jo Ann Fabrics, so I hunted around for a pin to open my SIM/MicroSD tray. Popped it out and inspected the cards. Both looked fine, so I powered off my phone and inserted the cards. Booted the phone back up (with the SIM inside) and the phone gave me the tutorial "enter you SIM card" screen. That's when I started to worry.

So I took a trip to verizon to get a new card. New card didnt fix anything. Diagnosis is that my phone's SIM bay kicked it suddenly.

RIP my white Droid RAZR HD. You were my favorite.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One day I was out and about with the fiancee. She asked for the time so I pulled my phone out to check. There was a weird notification in my system tray letting me know I had no card of some kind. I also had no service. "Oh" I thought, "my SIM card must have come loose somehow." Luckily we were in Jo Ann Fabrics, so I hunted around for a pin to open my SIM/MicroSD tray. Popped it out and inspected the cards. Both looked fine, so I powered off my phone and inserted the cards. Booted the phone back up (with the SIM inside) and the phone gave me the tutorial "enter you SIM card" screen. That's when I started to worry.

So I took a trip to verizon to get a new card. New card didnt fix anything. Diagnosis is that my phone's SIM bay kicked it suddenly.

RIP my white Droid RAZR HD. You were my favorite.

Hope you didn't lose any important data.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Losing 1TB of unrecoverable years of files after my hdd decided to go tits up.

$2000 GFX card in SLI mode nearly fried at one time (smoke emitting) due to a insufficent PSU lol.

Formatting a friends PSX MC with 100% saves back in the days of SF Ex alpha, Tomb Raider 1-3 and resident evil 1-3. Was never actually forgiven for that one haha.

Sending a bricked 3DS to China which never saw the light day again R.I.P Aqua Blue 2014.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

GoddessKozy

i'll fight sal9000
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think mine was a save on Harvest Moon DS that I spent like.. two actual years on as a kid, that game is full of bugs and long story short my save data got corrupted. Broke my little 10yo heart, a little bit more than when my dear wife Celia (who is like low tier now compared to Muffy) got killed or something.

Though everyone is talking about phones now it seems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them