Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
While you were watching Blue's Clues people were saying that the shows they watched as kids were great and your shows were retarded. It is the curse of youth to repeat the same mistakes as their elders.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Blood Fetish said:
While you were watching Blue's Clues people were saying that the shows they watched as kids were great and your shows were retarded. It is the curse of youth to repeat the same mistakes as their elders.
This. Blue's Clues was pretty shitty and (I think it's still airing) is also a retarded show. At least I watched cartoons when they were still ugly drawn.

inb4blackandwhitetv

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
SNN2833B_380_565731a.jpg

Sup bros

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
Who here remembers Kenan & Kel? That show was great.
That's the one with orange juice, right?
laugh.gif

As a little kid I already hated Nick Jr. The shows were too slow lol
I preferred Amanda Show back then

EDIT: 666th POST
ohnoes.png

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Throw's Holy Water. Die!!!!!

Ontopic: Yeah, I sometimes watch some classics. Like last night, I was watching "Ed,Edd, and Eddy". Oh wait!!!!!

Good Burger.....

dark ajax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Brian117 said:
ProtoKun7 said:
mellow.gif

I remember that.

Truly epic, no?

Do you remember Are You Afraid Of The Dark?

Yeah, that was a nice show, of course as well as kenan & kel (the opening song is pretty cool) and clarissa...
as a toddler i used to watch Sesame Street's Mexican Equivalent named Plaza Sésamo, it was a good show, it actually teached something to kids...

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Do you remember Are You Afraid Of The Dark?
OMG The last time I heard of that was in like 7th grade (about 5 or 6 years ago) when our teacher made us listen to an audio tape with one of their stories on it. It was awesome.

Brian117 said:
Who remembers Clarissa Explains It All???
wub.gif

I used to watch that show a little bit, when there was nothing else on. I mean, it was sort of interesting, but it was more of the teen stuff that I didn't care for.

QUOTE(ProtoKun7 @ Jun 3 2010, 12:14 PM)
Who here remembers Kenan & Kel? That show was great.

I never watched that, I thought it was dumb.. Never could get into it.

----------------------------------------------------------

Anyone remember All That? It was the Saturday Night Live for kids.
And then I think they ditched it for The Amanda Show or something later on. That was pretty funny too, so I didn't complain.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh I'm not sure it's about getting old, but the fact that tv quality for kids has gone into the shitter. I mean if you think about it Disney Channel in general when it was younger had some fantastic programming for example. You had a few hours of all the old b&w/color Disney shorts, the costumed Winnie the Pooh show, Mickey Mouse Club with all those future musician crackheads, a ton of their classic disney movies and the weekend wonderful world of disney they jacked from ABC and more. Eventually they got into heavy programming with weird sitcoms, a few were decent, but most were just stupid bad, like some UPN for kids or whatever, and then way down hill in the last decade with nothing but manufactured boy/girl band bullshit, pitching thug concepts on kids, and other crap. Nickelodeon pretty much went down the same road from where it was I Can't Believe You Did that on TV, Dangermouse, various other toons, Count Duckula too, Double Dare in various forms, and then a good bit of those old b&w moralistic shows of the 50s-70s that ended up being nick at nite, and then a channel just for that.

All around that you even saw the hard decline of cartoon quality from the late 80s on. Originally you had some cartoon violence (hardly but still) with lasers in GI Joe to Fudd blowing Daffys bill clean off. All these things and even other (then) modern equivalent were hand drawn, good enough to excellent (the older theater level stuff) attention to detail, and they were what they were without a bunch of cuts and do-gooder ruination. First that kicked in, and then it (as it should) seemed to demotivate animators along with higher costs of work. Suddenly much programming got into very shittily drawn backgrounds with little detail to having 1/2 the frames of animation so it was like a poorly done flip book. Most them it seemed felt concepts were burnt out as much just copied other stuff and not all that well, all the while censoring out a lot of quality stuff that could, should, or was already in there. Now the toons we see short of the brought over anime and a few cases is terrible, some promoting thug crap, others just being senseless wastes of space, and other stuff drawn so badly it's like some epileptic five year old did it like that insultingly shitty ed, edd, and eddy one.

I've watched stuff for a good long time I've seen the decline in quality. The late 80s/early90s was really end of of it with cartoons from Duck Tales/Tale Spin down to the turds of one season or less trash. Kids programming has gone from funny whoa he did that stuff, to hipster bullshit with again thug stupidity, all fit in me too crap, censored stuff, and boy/girl bad promotional bullshit programming. Fact is it seems as time goes on more and more channels are made to make more room for some really bad crap to be wasted on in the satellite feeds momentarily on the new channel leaving room for some of the stuff of value before it's shoved off yet again until another channel pops up in the series.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.