Hacking i put audio jack in the psvita and connect to the pc and started to hear static is that normal?

lilalex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
so i put the psvita on a audio jack and started to hear static and the theme of the game i was playing on is that normal?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hearing the audio is fairly normal -- if you plug it into the line in (or line in-mic combined on many laptops) then most operating systems will have it play back.

Static is more likely a signal, pun intended, that you need to turn down the volume on the line in settings (stock windows tends to have it very high), or if you plugged it into a mic one then plug it into the line in (mic, usually a dull red/pink colour if it has one, will tend to supply a bit of power).

Having it charge either from the same PC (can lead to ground loop issues, though should be fairly isolated) or charger (cheapo USB chargers are often electrically noisy little things) might also lead to a hum.

Another thing to note. If the lead itself near another lead, power supply, metal radiator, big power device or similar? If so you might get some induction in it. If you can hold the lead in relatively clear air and it goes away then probably that.

Reactions: lilalex

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
so i put the psvita on a audio jack and started to hear static and the theme of the game i was playing on is that normal?
Was the vita plugged into a charger? If so, try with the charger unplugged. If unplugging the charger gets rid of the noise, you can buy a ground loop noise isolator such as this https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-Isolator-Stereo-System/dp/B019393MV2/ that will solve that problem for good.

It is possible that the line in on your PC is just noisy. Especially in laptops components are very close together so they're more prone to causing interference for eachother. Integrated (mobo) audio can also suffer from it. If that is the case then the easy solution is a USB sound card/DAC.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

riune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use bluetooth adaptor for my setup. connect the bluetooth adaptor to the mic port of my pc. then connect my vita to the bluetooth adaptor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: