I pray to god my switch isn’t bricked

Pik44chu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I need help I spent a lot of money on this switch it was so hard to find one my cousin updated it to the new software without internet too and now the screen is black and idk if it’s on or off it won’t read in rcm and I tried the holding for 20 to 60 second thing too I need help :( please I beg you guys

litlnicky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi , maybe the batteries flat , leave it in charge for a while , see if battery icon starts to show ,then try rcm after/update hekate atmosphere n stuff

Reactions: BigOnYa

Pik44chu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi , maybe the batteries flat , leave it in charge for a while , see if battery icon starts to show ,then try rcm after/update hekate atmosphere n stuff
My only question is if the files were already like not up to date and it won’t even boot up the Nintendo logo when I turn it on would I get the error code

litlnicky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi , thats pretty starightforward , if you get a error code, just take out your sd card, download latest hekate, atomsphere, and sigpatches , and drop them into your sd card , but first you need to see if it shows charging icon , or powers up

litlnicky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi , thats pretty starightforward , if you get a error code, just take out your sd card, download latest hekate, atomsphere, and sigpatches , and drop them into your sd card , but first you need to see if it shows charging icon , or powers up
thing is something like that happened to me a while back , i just left in charge , it started to charge really slowly , but gave it half hour , then rcm with payload , it switched off straightaway again , so updated evrything on sd card , and back to normal

Pik44chu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thing is something like that happened to me a while back , i just left in charge , it started to charge really slowly , but gave it half hour , then rcm with payload , it switched off straightaway again , so updated evrything on sd card , and back to normal
Bro I left it charging for hours and the screen is still black and won’t turn on

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd let it first charge atleast overnight....12+ hours. If Battery dies completely, sometimes takes many hours to charge (Slow Trickle Charge). Then verify that your pc is seeing the switch in RCM mode. (run "zadig-2.4" to install drivers, find on google}.

Reactions: litlnicky

litlnicky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mornin, try holding power button down whilst connected to the pc , this way if pc recognises the switch , that will a big plus , maybe your switch is stuck in autorcm mode, screen will be black no matter what you do , until you send a payload,,,

Pik44chu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd let it first charge atleast overnight....12+ hours. If Battery dies completely, sometimes takes many hours to charge (Slow Trickle Charge). Then verify that your pc is seeing the switch in RCM mode. (run "zadig-2.4" to install drivers, find on google}.
I left it charging longer than 24 hours so it’s not this

SwitchLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue on mine, but I had used hekate to do a restore when it happened. Now a year later I fixed it.
Most likely your fuse count is off and the OFW dosn't match. You need to RCM boot hekate and check or dump the fuse count.
I tried for hours and couldn't get it to update correctly so I finally just booted to OFW went online and updated to 13 so now using atmosphere instead on sx. So if your is like mine was I used TergaRcmGUI on PC so I could actually if in RCM or not.
Took a few tries and had to hold 12-15 sec and try again a few time but it did work. Found hekate 2.3 to work and to bypass the fuses to OFW. Just booted to hekate 2.3 and chose load and it errored out then went to OFW and I was able to update OFW to match current fuse count and was good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: