I plan to hack my Nintendo Switch for Homebrew apps only and maybe mods, what do you recommend to avoid getting banned?

PkStarzone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a hackable first-generation Nintendo Switch and I'm looking forward to hack it. I have absolutely no interest in pirating games, all I want to do run homebrew apps, perhaps emulators to make my GBA dumps run on the Switch to be able to play them on TV. Also using mods for Smash Bros and run other homebrew games.

Of course, I don't want to get banned, so I don't plan to ever play pirated games. But I want to know if homebrew apps could get me banned, I believe there is like 2 methods of hacking, one where you install the homebrew in the home menu and the other like dual booting a costume firmware to run homebrew and pirated games in a different format, but I don't have that clear.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easiest way to avoid a ban is just to set up custom firmware on a separate microSD, and put official firmware in airplane mode each time before booting into custom firmware.
If you install NSP so it is written into sysnand and without clean backup, it will lead to ban.

Emunand with incognito mode is preferred option to avoid the ban.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If you install NSP so it is written into sysnand and without clean backup, it will lead to ban.

Emunand with incognito mode is preferred option to avoid the ban.
Yeah I figured it was implied that setting up emuNAND is a part of the CFW set up, or at least that's a recommended step in most of the commonly-used guides around here.

Reactions: JeepX87

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I figured it was implied that setting up emuNAND is a part of the CFW set up, or at least that's a recommended step in most of the commonly-used guides around here.
Yes but if you only need save transfer and cheats, so Atmosphere in sysand is fine and ban risk is very low, also cheats in Smash Bros and Splatoon are big NO.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a hackable first-generation Nintendo Switch and I'm looking forward to hack it. I have absolutely no interest in pirating games, all I want to do run homebrew apps, perhaps emulators to make my GBA dumps run on the Switch to be able to play them on TV. Also using mods for Smash Bros and run other homebrew games.

Of course, I don't want to get banned, so I don't plan to ever play pirated games. But I want to know if homebrew apps could get me banned, I believe there is like 2 methods of hacking, one where you install the homebrew in the home menu and the other like dual booting a costume firmware to run homebrew and pirated games in a different format, but I don't have that clear.
Homebrew applications can definitely get you banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4