Hacking I plan to get an N-Card, But I got some Q's

ramplayer3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, here is the N-Card I plan to buy. Now, I think it is a great price for 16 gigs of storage, I will most likely never run out.

But I have a few questions. If I get this, Will this come with everything I need to put NDS games/GBA games on it and run it on my DS? I only have USB ports on my PC, no special media ports.

Another question is, what is a N-Card Writer, and what is the GBA cart size writer, will I need it?

And my final question, and this is only outta curiosity, I dont really care, but will I be able to put other emulators on this, such as Nes, sega MS, SNES, and MSX, and run them? If not, thats fine, I already got a PSP that does that for me.

Please, if anyone could shed some light on me I would greatly appreciate it.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, first off, you might wanna buy this one:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2745

The store is trustworthy. I have ordered from it literally dozens of times and a lot of other GBAtempers have as well. You don't have to pay any shipping fees but it does take a couple of weeks to arrive.

It's an n-card clone (as in, it works exactly the same as n-card) but with a newer card reader/writer. Simply put the DS cartridge into the reader and plug it into your USB port. Everything you need is included. Don't worry it's very simple.

There are a few emulators, but don't expect everything to run well, because the DS is not very strong graphic-wise. NES should run perfectly though.

One last tip; if you ever run into trouble, read the N-card FAQ on this forum. It has answers to most of the problems you could have.

ramplayer3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I get this F-Card, will my DS still be able to run games off a regular cartridge like normal? Oh, and spyder, thanks for the info on that man, I did not notice that, I was gonna say, 16GB sounded a little shady.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes, it's just like a regular NDS game. If by "will my DS still be able to run games off a regular cartridge like normal?" you mean if it'll be able to still properly boot them, then yes, the flashcart doesn't alter the NDS firmware.

ramplayer3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, and this F-Card is straight up plug n play, meaning, just pop into the USB, open the drive, and drag roms onto the drive, insert into DS?

And does it actually have 2GB of storage? or will it really only have like 1.5GB when you count files it needs to run on it?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Well the F-Card is basically a N-Card with a different label and a usb reader. The USB reader is really the only reason the choose this over the N-Card name. Infact the USB reader has been said to work with the N-Card, so thats further proof that the Fire Card and N-Card are identicle in terms of hardware.

I tried to get a 16G one (2GB) to replace my 8G (1GB) N-Card, but that retarded site keeps rejecting my credit card when the card clearly works with other sites....So I don't buy from them. I got my N-Card from Sky2K. Never had any problems with Sky2K so go with that if you have problems getting your credit card to work with that crappy site. It uses Paypal to do payment and yet Paypal works fine with my card when I use it on a different site. so its not Paypal's fault that site is crap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Mine has a tip. But I call it a German Helmet