1. GaryOderNichts

GaryOderNichts GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    ftpiiu everywhere doesn't show the correct modes. The modes ftpiiu everywhere displays are hardcoded and don't match the actual modes. You should be able to just close python since the command was already sent to the Wii U.
    Not sure why that worked for you, but I'm glad it worked.

2. Lava3063

Lava3063 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    How do you add the nintendo select mark around the icons?

3. ghostbit

ghostbit Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Here's a template file with most of the unnecessary comments gone for those who want to write their own their 1stNUPs more easily: link

I also spent 10 minutes trying to write a documentation of the 1stNUP.xml but got sick of it, feel free to change it up: link

I'm working on something less boring to share here but it'll be later

Last edited by ghostbit, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Lava3063

Lava3063 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    when launching the apps from wara wara plaza, how do you make it go to that app?

5. GodsBUTT

GodsBUTT Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I need this to work. I just got my wiped wii u in 2020

6. Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy HEY YOU GUYS!

United Kingdom
    Edit.... Nevermind! Had loads of questions but got it working! Just wanna say this is excellent work by all involved!

Okay, i do gots one question! Can the miiverse drawing posts be anything you like so long its a photoshop saved tga image, 320x120, 32bits and between the content tags?

I tried to put a custom image in under the first topic, a few miis down and when testing with sdcafiine, only the first topic would show with icon and surrounding miis would appear with all the other comments showing except my custom pic.... Also every other icon and topic show as question marks!

Any ideas would be helpful but other than that, this is still awesome!!

Last edited by Lostbhoy, Sep 7, 2020
  7. EDMIRE

EDMIRE Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Now that everyone has figured everything out. Anyone got a premade XML file thats just the regular wii u games like BOTW, NSMBU, SM3DW. etc. i want my wii u plaza like it used to be.

8. MikaDubbz

OP MikaDubbz GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Just use the second version I included and change the homebrew launcher icon into a different game. It's really easy.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

What I've found with images is that after they're converted into base64 format is that if they are too complex, they will not show and will not appear in the plaza and cause everything after that post to also not appear. You can find if your image is too complex by when you highlight the converted text in notepad++, if the character count is roughly 50,000 or greater, they will not show. What I found worked well was to make those images less complex by running them through photoshop's mosaic pixelate filter. Set it to the least pixelated at 2, save the image, run it through again, and every time, no matter how complex it was originally, the text would now come out at less than 50,000 characters and they all show without issue (I've got about 35 image posts in my wara wara plaza now through this method).

Last edited by MikaDubbz, Sep 22, 2020
    ghostbit, Lostbhoy and Vague Rant like this.
  9. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

I haven't been following this thread at all, but reading that last post re: file sizing, @MikaDubbz's solution makes sense. TGA is a lossless image format (you can think of it like FLAC but for pictures, if that helps), and a fairly old one at that, so the compression is nowhere near as efficient as modern lossless formats like PNG.

TGAs use run-length encoding for their compression, which is a very basic system that compresses data only when it is exactly the same as the previous data, e.g. if you have 10 identical green pixels, RLE can store that as "green pixel * 10" instead of "green pixel, green pixel, green pixel ...," etc. So exactly like MikaDubbs says, the less complex the image, the better it will compress.

There's not much you can do with that information, just know that images with large areas of single colors will make smaller TGAs. Failing that, filters which make the image have large areas of the same color like pixelation, posterization, etc. are good options.

Lostbhoy and MikaDubbz like this.
  10. Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy HEY YOU GUYS!

United Kingdom
    Thank you so much for your replies @MikaDubbz and @Vague Rant... The FLAC explanation makes total sense!

Great information and I will try to get it working later... I'm alot more hopeful now but even without the addition images, it looks bloomin great! Thank you once again!

MikaDubbz likes this.
  11. EDMIRE

EDMIRE Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ah thanks. I didn't know that's what it was. Thought it was a blank template or something. My bad. Got it working

12. astral-possum

astral-possum Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey there,
    I seem to be having the same question mark issue with running this. I used the WiiU XML Generator from GitHub.

I tried the Python fix as well, but the question mark icons still persist -- and no Miis show up after I try and use SDCafiine with the XML file produced from WiiU XML Generator.

Would it be possible to provide more detail in the troubleshooting instructions? I haven't tried a permanent move using FTPiiU Everywhere yet, because I want to be sure it works without question mark icons first.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've accessed MiiVerse before, as I can still pull up archived posts I made to it... so I'm not quite sure what could be going wrong.

13. ghostbit

ghostbit Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    What is your setup? Are you on CBHC, haxchi, or what? Do the ? persist on your main home screen or only when in SDCafiine?

14. Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy HEY YOU GUYS!

United Kingdom
    Try using the xml from the first page that Mika uploaded and edit to your own liking, that's what i done and its fine.

If you don't wanna, I'd still dl it and reference it against your own one for any mistakes, typos ect.

15. astral-possum

astral-possum Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    ghostbit and Lostbhoy thanks! I'm using CBHC, and this only happened when I would try using SDCafiine; the question mark icons would go away after a reboot luckily!

I tried a template xml from one of the posts on page 9 of this thread, and the question marks were gone. From here it looks like it will take some editing, but unfortunately doesn't seem like it will function how I was hoping -- grabbing subreddit posts on boot, without needing to edit and whatnot. I might customize it in the future, but right now I'm a little worried if I'd end up bricking my WiiU too

16. ghostbit

ghostbit Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hm, that's odd. I'll try generating a new xml for you and upload it when I have some time. Maybe it's something with your pc setup.

edit: try this one

Last edited by ghostbit, Oct 14, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - permanently, personality, injected