Hacking I ordered from ModChipCentral and I think my GW is fake?

YamiZee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It contains no long pins. All the pins are medium lenght, with the first, the 8th and the last pins being shorter. My question is do I need to return it? I haven't yet tried it, but do fake GW cards work fine, or are they completetly useless? How exactly are they different from the real ones?

YamiZee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Okay well it successfully updated the cart and booted into gw mode. I pressed select and the gw menu popped up on the top screen. I'm guessing it works? The microsd slot was a little rough on my microsd though, but its fine. Do you think I will eventually have to buy another one, or is this one fine? They are a bit expensive for me so...

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Download the latest Official Gateway firmware, set it up and boot into Gateway mode, one of 3 things will happen:

1. It asks you to update the card, updates successfully and then boots into Gateway mode: You have a real gateway.
2. It boots straight into Gateway mode: You have a new version of a clone card.
3: It doesn't work: You have a clone card.

-edit-

You bet me to posting, sounds like a real Gateway to me if it updated.

Reactions: Des_Kaje

YamiZee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Download the latest Official Gateway firmware, set it up and boot into Gateway mode, one of 3 things will happen:

1. It asks you to update the card, updates successfully and then boots into Gateway mode: You have a real gateway.
Thats what happened. So you would say its a real one? However the pins are wrong. Also the front sticker is tilted funny, and for whatever reason theres a sticker on the back too. So it definitely smells like a clone, but it seems to work fine

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's fake and you could manage to get a replacement I would absolutely say go for it. It's not a cheap card by any means and if it suddenly stops playing well with future updates you're not going to be a happy camper.

ModchipCentral

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It contains no long pins. All the pins are medium lenght, with the first, the 8th and the last pins being shorter. My question is do I need to return it? I haven't yet tried it, but do fake GW cards work fine, or are they completetly useless? How exactly are they different from the real ones?

Sorry we don't sell fake Gateway 3ds Cards. Were listed as a reseller. If its defective you can send it back to us for an exchange.
Please email [email protected]
Thank You

WWW.MODCHIPCENTRAL.COM :)

YamiZee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Okay so since it seems to be fine, has anyone else recently retrieved a gw card with no long pin? Is this a new thing? Or is it just a well made clone?

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From your description of your pin length and placement, it is indeed a fake gateway card. Mine does not look like the way you described at all. Mine is legit. Also take a look at this post

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so since it seems to be fine, has anyone else recently retrieved a gw card with no long pin? Is this a new thing? Or is it just a well made clone?
From your description of your pin length and placement, it is indeed a fake gateway card. Mine does not look like the way you described at all. Mine is legit. Also take a look at this post
If you think its a fake than you know whats up, get the fuck on the phone and start calling your gang to go beat them up.
Ummm... are you guys even reading?
Sorry we don't sell fake Gateway 3ds Cards. Were listed as a reseller. If its defective you can send it back to us for an exchange.
Please email [email protected]
Thank You

WWW.MODCHIPCENTRAL.COM :)
Literally 4 posts up

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always refer people to this picture if they think they got a fake cart

real_vs_fake_1.jpg

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't see them doing clone cards. I've ordered from them (haven't checked the pins but it runs fine), plus they ARE listed as a official reseller, so unless some shady shipping business happened between gateway and modchipcentral then it might just be coincidence.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: