I Officially Accept my Defeat

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by LightyKD, Oct 29, 2015.

1. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Maybe this should be in the general topics area but for everyone here, "Has your love for gaming ever isolated you at one point or another in your life?" Today I had to hear some hurtful words that made me realize that I will never be around people that just "get it" and when I do get close, that person will flake out. I love gaming and wont give it up but I think I need to start accepting that maybe I'll just end up being alone for the remainder of my life.

With all of that said, I think I'll go back to playing "Gun" via Nintendont on my Wii U. For a GameCube title, it's stunningly beautiful. Would love to find a GameCube/XBox 360 comparison video.

2. Gamefreakjf11

Gamefreakjf11 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    I was drawn to isolation in my younger teens because I wasn't able to hang out with friends. During that time video games were my best source of social interaction away from school. I made friends on online games and it helped me survive that period. In high school I made a few friends that liked video games and I still play with a few of them now. I go to a technical university as a CS student so I'm surrounded in people like me. While away from class I play games with people I've grown close to online (some of them I've been skyping and chatting with for over 5 years) and my high school friends. Video games have opened me up to so many friends and nice people. If you want to find friends, just seek out like minded people and make conversation. You won't always find people who you agree on everything with, but that just gives you something to talk about.

3. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Where I live at, like minded people are hard to find.