RiderLeangle

OP
Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
So I'm building my new pc and encountered a bit of a problem... the I/O shield with my motherboard blocks the MoBo from reaching the standings when in the case, is there an alternative or is it safe to have the ports through the bare hole? it has me nervous but don't want to halt this build any longer

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Usually the rear panel IO shield is designed to fit perfectly with any compatible case (I.e. ATX, ITX or BTX). It will usually have clips that you either need to press back or fold out to fit around the actual rear panel ports (both ways ground the ports and prevent static overflow and reduce the impact of vibration). I've never seen one that prevented the motherboard reaching the stands after folding any clips out of the way and pressing it against the shield.

Take a closer look at what is going on and see if you can work it out.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If the plate will refuse to co-operate, it's perfectly fine to keep the hole open - just keep in mind that it'll collect more dust and there may be some impact on ventilation since the hole will start working like a vent.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I had tried everything in the time around making this thread, either it's a poor case design or poorly designed I/O shield, thanks for the help though. I'm just wondering if theres any alternative now.

...a piece of cardboard, I suppose? Or you could clip the shield in the areas that don't match your case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr