OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i am looking for a new flashcard since it looks like teh r4 is no longer being updated
i am looking for one that can run my saves and one that supports sdhc
thanks for the help

p.s i am also looking for cheap

matrix121391

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CycloDS if you've got the money, AceKard2 if you don't. Atleast that's what I hear. Personally owning a CycloDS, I can vouch that it's good!

daProphet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i am leaning towards eh acekard 2 all i want to noe is if i can use the same saves that i have on my r4 on the acekard and if using cheats is easy

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
daProphet said:
i am leaning towards eh acekard 2 all i want to noe is if i can use the same saves that i have on my r4 on the acekard and if using cheats is easy
Yes and yes the acekard 2 in combination with AKAIO (3rd party firmware) requires no conversion of your save files that you used on your R4 though you may have to change the file extension if they are in capitals and cheats are very easy to use.

I recommend you sell your R4 to someone you can easily sell it for $80+ and buy a CycloDS.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
daProphet said:
asuri said:
if its been said before than you know to use the search button
too lazy can you just give me a couple of suggestions
If you're unwilling to put forth the effort to search for information, why should we take the effort to think up a decent response? There's a friggin huge topic in this forum somewhere (like 60 pages or somewhere around there) in which people will gladly give you recommendations based on your specific criteria (mainly, what you want to do with the device). Without knowing what you're expecting of the device, we can't give any advice.

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Wow what's happening here? Bad timing for the OP I guess, seeing as people would have answered the question anyo ther day...

Anyways, I'll point towards this page http://dsdatabase.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=36 of my site as well as the reviews tab at the top of this site, for some detailed information.

Quick lowdown on the carts are:
CycloDS Evolution is the best but costs a ton, the next on the list is Supercard DS ONE, shares similar features, half the price, but a slow GUI and pretty unfriendly.

Then you get recommendation of EDGE or the AceKard 2, EDGE being sturdier, but AceKard 2 being fancier, both really reliable.

Then finally the EZV and the DSTT, probably not the best choices, but you might want to consider it.
He said he was too lazy to search, so people should be too lazy to help him out. (To keep this on topic: I suggest an Acekard R.P.G)

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I heard the N5 is REALLY REALLY good. Like the best one ever. And it's super cheap too! You could also go for the DS Fire Link. That one is amazing as well. And they both accept every save type I believe.

I would double check my information, but I'm too lazy to do it. Sorry.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Check Google. Also, there are pretty good reviews on GBAtemp.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=99

If you want the best flashcart and don't care about the price: CycloDS Evolution
If you want the best flashcart but do care about the price: Acekard 2
If you want a flashcart with onboard NAND memory and if you plan on developing: Acekard R.P.G.
If you want a flashcart that also offers a Slot-2 (not for free though): EZFlash V & M3DS Real
If you want a Slot-2 expansion: EZFlash 3-in-1 (GBA, RAM, & Rumble)
If you want an alternative to the CycloDS Evolution but cheaper and a crappy GUI: SuperCard DS One
If you want a flashcart that could possible brick your Nintendo DS: R4 DS, R4 III & N5

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Foie said:
I heard the N5 is REALLY REALLY good. Like the best one ever.

thats friggin messed up to even recommend that kit after its proven to brick the ds by blowing a fuse. i assume you were trying to add-on to the "lets all mess with him" joke - however, in bad taste.

-another world

Trippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
. I mean the guy says he too lazy to search but he decided to make a thread and reply and check on it. In the same time you could have searched a decent card.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trippy said:
. I mean the guy says he too lazy to search but he decided to make a thread and reply and check on it. In the same time you could have searched a decent card.
I love how he said that he was too lazy to search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol