I need your experience with Gamecube originals

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by T-Error, Feb 18, 2010.

Feb 18, 2010
  1. T-Error
    OP

Newcomer T-Error Advanced Member

Germany
    I own about 30 NTSC-Gamecube-games but I only have a PAL Wii. So the last days I finaly checked out preloader and its patches. But if I hold B on startup to get the progressive mode all games crash after the video-mode selection screen. When I use the regular video-mode the picture is horribly stretched. My Wii is connected through a component-cable. Now I just want to know if somebody got it working. Could it be a problem with a combination of patches? Or differs the BC from NTSC-regions and PAL. I know that the PAL Gamecube didnt had the option to use progressive mode because Nintendo spared the component-port to reduce costs. It would be very helpful if somebody just tells me if he got progressive mode working on a PAL Wii.

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Did you try using the GC Backup Launcher?

3. T-Error
    OP

Germany
    no not yet. you mean with the cMIOS? I tried geckoOS some time ago but it was the same I think. I always thought that using the disc-channel it should work. BTW priiloader under SNEEK. Using my NTSC-Gamecube with component-output gives a good picture on my TV.

4. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    there should be no problem with nstc games on a pal wii

5. Dmon84

Member Dmon84 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I only use a RPG Cable and start my ntsc games (backups) in ntsc mode. Works like a charm!
    Priiloader region free hacks enabled ? cMIOS installed ?

6. T-Error
    OP

Germany
    Yes I tried Priiloaders region free hack and never had cMIOS installed. But I was asking about progressive-mode and why all my games crash when I enable it. You cant enable it with a RGB cable.