ROM Hack Can't trade pokemon?

The_DoctorYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok So Since I have luma 9.1 and PKSM I try and help people out in their runs pn pokemon. I am trying to trade my pokemon for lower level ones and upgrade them. For some reason, When I try and trade or battle then it either says that its a special pokemon and I cant trade it or it says that that there is an error and I cant use that deck in battle. Help or tips? I notice that they sometimes have a red star next to them. Sseriously any tips? Note this is Pokemon ultra Sun

Last edited by The_DoctorYT,

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and I cant use that deck in battle.

images

....it is what it literally is. Some 'mon are "special" and can't be traded. Mostly Cherish Ball 'mon, but that isn't always the case.

The star is for shiny.....unless you mean the "special tag"-thing you can manually apply.

The_DoctorYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
images

....it is what it literally is. Some 'mon are "special" and can't be traded. Mostly Cherish Ball 'mon, but that isn't always the case.

The star is for shiny.....unless you mean the "special tag"-thing you can manually apply.
So how do can I fix it because its a red star to the left of the marks, How do they become special, how do I avoid this? And is it possible to get rid of the special tag?

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how do can I fix it because its a red star to the left of the marks, How do they become special, how do I avoid this? And is it possible to get rid of the special tag?

oof.

Okay.....you can't really "un-special" a mon. What you can use is PKhex to change the ball on some mon, but it won't always work. Take this as an example: Cherish Ball Mew vs. that other Mew (that you can trade)--even if you change Cherish Ball Mew to "look like" (data-wise) the other Mew, the data is wrong, so you can't trade, battle, GTS; that pertains to "special" mon who have multiple variations. There are some special mon you just can't trade and there's nothing you can do about it. I think Shaymin is one, but I cam't remember, haven't played in about a year.

You can pretty much shiny/un-shiny 80% of mon, but not all.

Now, the "tags" I'm thinking you're talking about, look like these:
c4H5LVa.png

and this is probably the other thing you mean:
IMG_4566.JPG

You can easily remove the black tags--they're just there to help organize. The exception is the red star, that denotes a shiny and you can't "normally" change that.

All of this is complicated stuff that might be above you, but you'll need to learn to use PKHex/BG's projects to edit your mon and you'll have to really, really learn how to edit to make it "legit". An example: I made OP mon to screw the Battle Tree (Wonder Guard Raichu with a Ballon, among many, many other OP fuck-ups....No Guard Fissure cannons), but taking that online? Ha!

Anyway, I'd make sure you aren't being trolled.....like someone requesting a level one Charizrd that knows Origin Pulse.

The_DoctorYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
images

oof.

Okay.....you can't really "un-special" a mon. What you can use is PKhex to change the ball on some mon, but it won't always work. Take this as an example: Cherish Ball Mew vs. that other Mew (that you can trade)--even if you change Cherish Ball Mew to "look like" (data-wise) the other Mew, the data is wrong, so you can't trade, battle, GTS; that pertains to "special" mon who have multiple variations. There are some special mon you just can't trade and there's nothing you can do about it. I think Shaymin is one, but I cam't remember, haven't played in about a year.

You can pretty much shiny/un-shiny 80% of mon, but not all.

Now, the "tags" I'm thinking you're talking about, look like these:
c4H5LVa.png

and this is probably the other thing you mean:
IMG_4566.JPG

You can easily remove the black tags--they're just there to help organize. The exception is the red star, that denotes a shiny and you can't "normally" change that.

All of this is complicated stuff that might be above you, but you'll need to learn to use PKHex/BG's projects to edit your mon and you'll have to really, really learn how to edit to make it "legit". An example: I made OP mon to screw the Battle Tree (Wonder Guard Raichu with a Ballon, among many, many other OP fuck-ups....No Guard Fissure cannons), but taking that online? Ha!

Anyway, I'd make sure you aren't being trolled.....like someone requesting a level one Charizrd that knows Origin Pulse.
ok thanks for helping. Is pkhex for computer (it is)bc if it is then I will just keep trying other things to see what the boundaries are for pksm. Thanks anyways. Yes the red star that I was talking about.

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the red star that I was talking about.

PkHex is PC-based (as far as I know), but there are some "fun" limits with PKSM, but if you get the older version, you can just generate 'mon, and do light edits.

You can use PKSM to un-shiny.

Although, if people are requesting you to level their mon, etc, you should be able to trade....afterall, they gave you the mon somehow.

The_DoctorYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PkHex is PC-based (as far as I know), but there are some "fun" limits with PKSM, but if you get the older version, you can just generate 'mon, and do light edits.

You can use PKSM to un-shiny.

Although, if people are requesting you to level their mon, etc, you should be able to trade....afterall, they gave you the mon somehow.
Yeah. I was able toto spawn a Lugia and trade it but I still dont know why it wont let me pick the deck bc it says ttheres an error

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
says ttheres an error

Some of the files are true hacks from X/Y before the checks were implemented and when they got loaded into PKSM, they kind of stayed....until S/M had a better system to check hacks.

It might be worth your while to learn PKHex if you want stuff like Wish Chansey.

Alternatively, maybve search the forum to see if someone will help you generate mon you can't edit with PKSM.

The_DoctorYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of the files are true hacks from X/Y before the checks were implemented and when they got loaded into PKSM, they kind of stayed....until S/M had a better system to check hacks.

It might be worth your while to learn PKHex if you want stuff like Wish Chansey.

Alternatively, maybve search the forum to see if someone will help you generate mon you can't edit with PKSM.
Thanks. I have a computer but its shared with my sis so it isnt that hard to seem to do so I might give it a try.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over