1. frax15

OP frax15 Newbie
    Newcomer

Argentina
    Y NEED SWITCH L R BUTTONS TO Y X BUTTONS
    I'M USING TWILIGHT MENU, SOMEONE COULD EDIT THE FILE AND SEND IT TO ME READY TO FLASH THE SD CARD

2. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    GBARunner2 has a button remapping feature.
    Touch the touch screen while running a ROM, then press R to go into GBARunner2 settings.

Tarmfot, banjo2 and alexander1970 like this.
  3. Skeletonman59

Skeletonman59 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Great, now if only I could use the R button...
    Jokes aside, is there a way to do it outside of the ROM?

4. Skeletonman59

Skeletonman59 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Actually, I just found the answer on the main wiki itself under Input Mapping:
    • With GBARunner2 you can remap your buttons to what GBA button you want. This is done by going into settings that you can access from either the file browser or when ingame, as explained above in Navigating and Usage.
    • Note that you can not have one GBA button mapped to more than one button on your system. E.G. you cannot have the B button mapped to your X and Y button at the same time.
    • If you cannot access the settings menu if for example your shoulder buttons do not work, you can also manually edit the button mappings by opening the gbarunner2.ini file found in /_gba.
    • Below is an example of what you would find inside an ini file with the GBA L and R buttons mapped to Y and X, respectively. This can simply be pasted in a text file renamed to gbarunner2.ini and put in the folder '\_gba'.
    • NB! The text file will have to be in Unix (LF) file format. On Windows this can be changed with a source code editor like Notepad++ by right clicking 'Windows (CR LF)' on the bottom status bar of the window.

And this is how it should look like:
    [emulation]
    useBottomScreen=false
    frame=true
    centerMask=true
    mainMemICache=true
    wramICache=true
    gbaColors=false
    skipIntro=false
    [input]
    buttonA=0
    buttonB=1
    buttonL=11
    buttonR=10
    buttonStart=3
    buttonSelect=2

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - REAMMPING, GBARUNNER, BUTTON